Firefox 12 Released

Actually a lot more was added, but is still off by default for testing, or the above was prep for items coming in 13 and 14 like auto updates (which you can optionally turn off unlike Chrome) and quicker startup in 14 and tabs on demand and memory reductions in 13. Both browsers are following a 3 month upgrade policy to stay on the cutting edge. It's better than waiting around so that everything on a checklist they want for a particular version is finished.

This is how the release cycle changed:

Old: Release new version when ALL the new features we wanted are done.

New: Release every 3 months with whatever CURRENT new features are done.

I much prefer the new cycle to get newer features sooner.

Thanks to Mozilla's version inflation, I quickly know when 6 weeks' time has elapsed. :D

I'll upgrade from 11.x to 12.0 in a few days after the early upgraders bug test it first. :cool:

Firefox + Noscript is non-functional internet.

Hahaha, I use NoScript, but what you say is so true. You never realize how many friggin' scripts are running on every site until you try using NoScript. I've manually enabled enough scripts to make things usable on sites I like, but it's a hassle. I skip sites that require an inordinate number of third party scripts, and I still run into the occasional site that won't work with NoScript installed at all (even if it's disabled entirely).

Is this version actually official yet? After installing it, a page shows that it's an unknown version and clicking on the Firefox website link still shows 11 as the latest.

... Yea, if FF didn't crash on me, I'd use it.

Was using it on my laptop for a while recently, thinking it had started to stablize, but then it crashed on me again last month. Turns out, it didn't like Hardforum's thread on computer set up much.

Made me worry it was my ram or something. But nope... FF.

Can you run two instances of FF? I run P-L-P displays and need three very good browsers.
My #1 is FF, my #2 is Chrome, I want my #3 to be FF....lol

Anyone (explain)?

Turn your computer off and never start it up again

First, eat sh*t.

Second, I'm sure it was over your head but I don't just want two separate windows (derp, derp) of Firefox. I want two separate installs so when I fire both up, one has my normal ten homepages and the other one will have have my google finance homepages with many tabs of stocks I would like to watch. See....So turn of your computer, sell it.

If you still don't get it, I would need to manually type them in every time any other way.
(Just don't want one FF with 25 homepages)

No Edit:

Darn it, you can't run Waterfox and Firefox (cause they're the same...) at the same time. I guess what Ryokurin linked is my only option.

Why can't Mozilla fix the issue where in some instances if you exit out of the browser and try to restart another one too soon it tells the process is still running or is stuck. That is so Windows XP shit.

Back