Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Thread

my friend got a beta invite and i did not.. im kind of pissed.

thankfully hes my room mate though and ima be able to use his account. REALLY excited to see how this is gonna turn out

my friend got a beta invite and i did not.. im kind of pissed.

thankfully hes my room mate though and ima be able to use his account. REALLY excited to see how this is gonna turn out

Yeah? Your mate? He going to birth your babies? Sicko.

But yeah, it's looking good, I'm pumped.

Damn! Wasn't aware they were already handing them out. Wonder what the window is for them sending the invites out.

Beta weekend this weekend. Anyone who purchased FFXIV when it first came out is now eligible. You should have already gotten an email from SE detailing how to get in.

NDA is also lifted at this time.

I highly recommend everyone gives it a whirl as this is a massive improvement upon what it was.

Woot! Got into the beta! It's a shame this weekend was designated to playing The Last of Us....now I'm torn lol.

how old was that post?

lol.

Lmao, Idk...couple of weeks ago. I thoguht it was odd you didn't respond to it too.

Btw, got into beta on TWO of my email addresses. Sick...gonna be a good weekend.

Maybe we should consolidate, there's like two friggin threads, let's post about server/guild details in here.

Have a few people that I know want to, but if you'd like to get in on forming a H guild, post in here, I'll make a list (we'll do it right this time, and not like Neverwinter), and we'll go from there.

Which server?

Now if only I could get back in the game..........

Have a buddy who's at home that can't download the client at the moment, possibly flooded from all the people who stayed home? Haha.

Have a buddy who's at home that can't download the client at the moment, possibly flooded from all the people who stayed home? Haha.

via the other thread someone told me they had an emergency maintenance patch downtime ETA of 15 minutes or so.

So do I have to buy FFXIV reborn after the beta or not if I owned the original 14?

I saw the beta notice, is it worth downloading it or does it still suck?

Put it this way, having been in the first ARR Alpha and the previous two Beta tests plus the current Beta 3 test, all I can say is this:
FFXIV v1.0 SHOULD have been what ARR (v2.0) is now from the moment it was launched back in 2010.​

Put it this way, having been in the first ARR Alpha and the previous two Beta tests plus the current Beta 3 test, all I can say is this:
FFXIV v1.0 SHOULD have been what ARR (v2.0) is now from the moment it was launched back in 2010.​

The team has done an amazing job putting this game back together.

Maybe we should consolidate, there's like two friggin threads, let's post about server/guild details in here.

Have a few people that I know want to, but if you'd like to get in on forming a H guild, post in here, I'll make a list (we'll do it right this time, and not like Neverwinter), and we'll go from there.

Which server?

I am level 15 on US/EU Cactuar with the Linkshell (Deity) if you would like to join.

It's strange seeing the stark contrast between max graphics settings:

1.0:

ARR:

(Disregard the time of day.)

Granted, 1.0 was taken with the built-in supersampling feature essentially, but still..

Last edited:
Does the pacing ever pick up?

I'm fighting lvl 9 monsters, and am just wondering if the battle gets more interesting. Fates seem like a clusterfuck of just spamming abilities.

Does the pacing ever pick up?

I'm fighting lvl 9 monsters, and am just wondering if the battle gets more interesting. Fates seem like a clusterfuck of just spamming abilities.

Dungeons are a ton of fun. I also found battle to be a bit boring 1-20. Once I got to around 20 on my Gladiator in Phase 2 I was having a lot of fun.

Good to hear you all having fun. Just when I thought my carpal tunnel was getting better from WoW... this comes along. I'll have to go hunting for my controller. ;)

Just did the preorder. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

I see a few people already rolled on leviathan so I did as well. I have a few different classes I'm trying out so I'm not sure what the toons names are going to be yet but I will post up Somes names tomorrow. It's bedtime -_-

Does anyone know how to get SLI working for FFXIV?

Edit - Also pre-ordered the digital collector's off of greenmangaming for 37.50. :)

Got into the beta but cant complete their steps they sent in the email. I can barely login to their system. I've changed my password so many times and it always says I have the wrong password. If i finally manage to get logged in somehow, theres no link to their "forum" or whatever to download the client. This is extremely frustrating.

Anyone have any help/tips?

It's strange seeing the stark contrast between max graphics settings:

1.0:

ARR:

(Disregard the time of day.)

Granted, 1.0 was taken with the built-in supersampling feature essentially, but still..

1.0 used a forward rendering engine and had generally higher resolution textures and higher polygon objects. ARR is a bit behind with both but makes more than up for that with the excellent lighting and shadow system. Its a deferred rendering engine now, thats why they can't add proper MSAA again but built-in supersampling has been mentioned to come after release maybe with the graphics milestone update and DX11.

Maybe all of the differences together are causing the vastly different contrast. Personally I like ARR's look more now, they really created an awesome atmosphere.

I'm going for some comparsion screenshots soon from spots that are still close to what they looked like in 1.0.

Back