FileFront closing up shop

I guess the reasons why are to good to list?

I can download anything I want at breakneck speeds (usually 2mbps), plus I get emails all the time for exclusive open/closed beta invites... not trying to convince anyone, I'm just happy with it is all.

I can download anything I want at breakneck speeds (usually 2mbps), plus I get emails all the time for exclusive open/closed beta invites... not trying to convince anyone, I'm just happy with it is all.

You can do that from a lot of free sources. Why pay for something that's commonly free on the internet?

A friend of mine pointed out that 98% of the files for SOF2 are on www.sof2files.com.

This could spell the end for Soldier of Fortune. Our clan is the last of the big SOF2 clans out there.

Ah, SoF2. Fantastic multiplayer! Might have to go dust off some old cds and find that classic :)

omg.. Filefront?

I was about to rejoice, I thought it was FilePLANET..

DAMN.. this was my favorite site for patches and demos.. Fileplanet sucks with their Q's and more or less forced subscription..

Anyone know of a good alternative website for that type of stuff? Without the queues?

Funny how a company that will now stay afloat sucks, as said the bandwidth costs alone would be a small fortune, fileplanet just got smart and asked for money and started to que's.... clearly they were the smarter ones as they are still in buisness.

I know queues suck, but get used to it, less and less will you have free sites with no wait times, or not alot of banners, these buisnesses cost money to run.

just pay $16 a qrtr for fileplanet... it's worth it.

I hope you are joking.... I get free FP with Commiecast but its not that great. Sure you get some demos, but meh, not like anything that great is out....

Anyway, with FileFront I always got great speeds without the need to download any download client :rolleyes:. Fileplanet requires you to have their fuckin dload manager and speeds aren't better for me, I got 800kbps+ from FF. I would always check FF for patches first...

You can do that from a lot of free sources. Why pay for something that's commonly free on the internet?

not exclusive beta invites, hence the term "exclusive".

plus I haven't found a single free site that downloads at 2m a sec.

Funny how a company that will now stay afloat sucks, as said the bandwidth costs alone would be a small fortune, fileplanet just got smart and asked for money and started to que's.... clearly they were the smarter ones as they are still in buisness.

I know queues suck, but get used to it, less and less will you have free sites with no wait times, or not alot of banners, these buisnesses cost money to run.

If bandwidth costs are too high, maybe some of those type of sites should start using torrents and NZBs instead of distributing all the files themselves.

At that price you might as well just buy a RapidShare account :p
Much higher ROI ;)

You guys can blame me for the feather that broke FF's back. I downloaded the 1.7GB FEAR2 demo a short while before the announcement. It's all my fault.

3DFiles
3DGamers
FileFront

R.I.P.

Honestly, Filefront was the only popular download website with fast DL/UL, as well as no ques and almost any game file you need.

Sucks. :(

Back