FiiO E7/E9 + Windows 7 64?

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
I am debating picking up the combo, but I have read some reviews of problems with Windows 7 64bit. Some not getting the dac to work at all, some only getting 1 channel, etc..

Was curious if anyone was running this combo with 7 64 and if it worked.

If you are worried and don't mind waiting, there is supposed to be an e17 (upgraded e7 that can still connect to the e9) coming out.

I have an e7 that worked fine with Win 7 64-bit when I tried it at work, but I don't have an e9.

I used both for 10 months without a single problem. To be honest, this is the first time I've even heard of this issue.

There are a couple threads over on headfi about it and I found it on a couple other random forums (google) so it made me hesitant.

Knowing there is an E7 replacement coming out (thank you) I will definitely wait. I will try out the E9 with Onboard for now.

Ahh weak, I just read there is an E15 coming that is a desktop amp/dac combo that supports 96/24. Figures! I already ordered my E9 lol.

It doesn't use any special drivers, just a USB audio device. Seems odd that it would have problems, maybe there's a buggy USB driver floating around? Mine has worked in everything I've plugged it into, but that doesn't include 64 bit Windows afaik.

Sorry, 'm using the E7 on it's own. I wasn't sure what benefit there was to having the combo. Since then I bought an E11 which I use with my headphones when on the move.

the one channel issue is related to the dock, its something mine has, its hardware problem not software at all. if i knew exactly what it wasi would attemp repair myself as i never even realized i had the problem till ages later when i listened to a track that had a lot of stereo parts in it.

ive been using e7/e9 combo for 10'ish months now on windows 7 64 bit. not a single hitch.

I'd just get the E10.

I already have the E9 though :-/

I think I'm going to just use the E9 with onboard until the E15 is released and ditch the E9.

I don't need portable, so I think the E15 is going to end up being the best solution for me.

Why not just get the e17 and pair it with the e9?

Because it's not out (or I can't find it). And if I don't need portability why would I want to have the E9 + E17 instead of just one nice desk unit?

I have also read rumors that the E15 will be a nicer amp, to be seen of course.

It will all depend mostly on the price between the 2 (17/15) and spec between 9/17 vs 15

Well, the e17 isnt out yet, but the idea would be that you would have a more versatile setup by being able to change dac's whenever you want and just use the e9 amp.

Back