Fallout 4 at 1080p with a GTX 470?

leh18621

[H]ard|Gawd
I really would like to get FO4 but I am thinking I would have to turn down way too many settings with my GTX 470 (rest of my specs should be fine though).

Anybody try this game with a GTX 470? I know my card is old and I planned on upgrading around this time but decided this summer to put the money towards something else.

Basically, should I chance it with this card, or wait another year until I upgrade my gpu?

I am playing on the lenovo laptop in my sig on medium settings. At 20 FPS nearly constantly in smaller areas i have seen up to 60 FPS

Lol, I have a 460, am interested in this thread as well.

Honestly, I'd wait with the holidays coming around if cash is tight.. Put some cash back, find a good deal on a new card while you wait, and see if you can pick it up with the steam summer sale a little cheaper, next year.

Put the settings on Ultra then go in and turn down the shadows to the lowest setting. I've noticed that is by far the biggest GPU impact. Then turn down stuff like distant object quality to lowest settings.

I would try 1280x1080 and tweaking settings for a good balance. Lowering your horizontal resolution like that, will give back a good amount of GPU power. but keeping the vertical at 1080 will still keep things looking sharp enough. And even if you have to go down to 720p. That's really not bad, for a game like this.

I would probably even skip SMAA or FXAA, to keep all the shading power I could, focusing on the game's core graphics effects.

Fuck it, I bought it. If it doesn't work on this card I'll just play it when I upgrade.

I have GTX 460 SLI. I'm curious to know the results too. I already have the game on Xbox One, though. I'm curious to see how my game would run on my PC if I decided to buy it.

Not looking to upgrade my GPU anytime soon though.

Just bought a 960. So I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Seems like I should probably wait until next year when I upgrade my gpu. As someone else mentioned, If I pick it up during the Steam summer sale I should have a new gpu by then.

Thank you to all that responded.

Back