Facebook Celebrates Birthday With A Redesign

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook turned 6 yesterday and celebrated by announcing that the company is rolling out some new updates to the site. Mark Zuckerberg also announced that Facebook will hit the 400 million members mark this week. :eek:

In the top menu, you will find your newest notifications, requests and messages. For example, when you receive a Facebook notification about someone writing on your Wall or tagging you in a photo, you'll see a red bubble appear in the left-hand corner near the search bar. When you click on the icon, you'll see a drop-down menu with your most recent notifications.

I think this is their worst design yet.. Feels like they took a step backwards.... say 10 years. There's too much crap on the screen to know what to click on.

Mine changed last night, shortly after I started to use the Silverlight 4 beta Facebook client.

hmm... Ill have to check that Silverlight. Although my default browser these days is Chrome.

I did receive the change last night around 11pm. Its ok, but some of the regularly clicked icon went from left side to right side, and it will take a few days to overcome the hardwiring Ive mentally created..as i click allot on FB.. go go Mafia Wars!

My girlfriend told me last night about the change, but I still haven't gotten it on my end.

I got the new one, it's not bad but I was used to the old one. But like all the other designs, we'll get used to it.

I now know what every senior citizen used to XP felt like when Microsoft decided to change the UI for Windows Vista.

With ever redesign, Facebook is getting harder and harder to use. It was so much easier to find things in the original layout.

Facebook is stupid and anyone who uses it is stupid.

So I guess Steve Lynch, Mark Warner, and Kyle Bennett are stupid?

Back