External Hard Drive does not connect

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
I have Windows XP Service Pack II fully updated BIOS etc. I have a Dell Inspriron 1150 with a 40 GB hard drive, I have another 40 GB hard drive in an iMicro External Enclosure 2.5" HDD. When I first plugged it in the Drive came right up in my computer although a few moments later (about 2 minutes) the drive just disappeared. Its formatted NTFS and did the same thing on everyone elses computer that I plugged it into. The Drive installed appeared and then just disappeared.

After this, when I plug it in, in the bottom right hand part of the screen it says, Installing "IDE... whatnot" and then it says "Installing USB mass storage device" and then it says "hardware did not install properly and may not be working properly" The very first time its plugged in on a computer though it will continue past "Installing USB Mass storage device" and then give the name of the hard drive "Fujitsu" and then the drive will appear and then once again disappear.

I have installed all the drivers and it even says that all are installed properly. In device manager when I plug it in it appears momentarily but only in the bottom as "USB Mass storage device" never showing anything in the harddrive/storage section.

I have had it up for enough time on one computer to reformat it and enough time to remove and add files but in the process of adding files it disappeared.

I don't get it...

Thanks

Back