Evo 850 now made in China?

ep0x73

2[H]4U
Just bought one, no longer states KOREA.
I guess this is to cut cost and compete but it sucks.

Just a FYI.

I checked it with magician and it's authentic.

Anybody else buy one recently not made in KOREA?

If the hardware is the same, you would expect what from this shift? Worse QC? Lower prices? Worse support?

I've bought quite a few 850 Evos since they were released. Some when they first came out, some very recently, and some in between. They've all been made in China. Only the 850 Pros I've bought have been made in Korea.

Some are made in S. Korea and some in China. I think it depends on who you order them from. I'm pretty sure it's been like this forever.

If there was a problem with QC of units made in China you would have definitely heard by now.

I've bought quite a few 850 Evos since they were released. Some when they first came out, some very recently, and some in between. They've all been made in China. Only the 850 Pros I've bought have been made in Korea.
I have to take this back. One of my 850 Pro's was made in Korea, the other two China. I have more than 3, but can't immediately put my hands on the boxes to see where they were made. All 6 of the 850 Evo's I've bought were made in China.

Good to hear then it's not a fluke. I just assumed since they are 100% Samsung parts they were made in Korea as well.
Bought from Amazon which likely makes zero difference.

It's interesting. Korean company farming out their stuff to China.

It's interesting. Korean company farming out their stuff to China.
Pretty much every company is in the process of farming their stuff out to China and have been for years. Even companies in countries that historically have had strained relationships with China.

Back