Evil Within Demo Now on STEAM

g1xx3r

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a quick heads up since A title demos seem to be scarce now. STEAM had the Evil Within Demo up now. I'm downloading it now. Was very interested in this game so the demo is just what I needed.
Demo clocking in at 9GBs!

lets see how badly this runs on my 770.

edit: lol holy fuck that mouse lag on the main menu. 40 fps 70% gpu usage.

edit: oh dear god the mouse controls in this game. what in the fuck.

Last edited:
What's the demo consist of? Is it a certain section of the game, or maybe timed?

is the demo only available for a limited time (through Halloween weekend)?

Okay :rolleyes:

How is this redundant? This is new news that people would miss if they are not following every page in that thread.

Thanks, exactly the reason I started this thread.

The first three chapters and if you buy the game you will keep your progress from the demo.

Didn't know that. Pretty cool as I will most likely be buying the game.

is the demo only available for a limited time (through Halloween weekend)?

I think the demo is permanent. I only spent a short time with the demo but it seems to be a good game. Running well @ 4k around 45fps. Haven't gotten into any tweaks just yet. I know there are a few gripes people have with the game. Letterboxing, frame cap and speed of the game. Will get into it more this weekend.

I know there are a few gripes people have with the game. Letterboxing, frame cap and speed of the game. Will get into it more this weekend.

they added an option to remove letterboxing with the latest patch...also a toggle to switch between a 30/60 fps cap

they added an option to remove letterboxing with the latest patch...also a toggle to switch between a 30/60 fps cap

I would think people would like the letterbox to give a cinematic feel, but Its always good to have options.

Personally I cant touch this game, I'm too much of a pansy.

I wouldn't even consider buying this game unless I was sure that my system (which is approximately minimum system requirements) will run this game properly at modest (medium) settings.

Great move by the publisher.

Is the 60 FPS change any different than what people have been doing to get it working?

Is the 60 FPS change any different than what people have been doing to get it working?

Apparently there were some issues with running it at above 30FPS previously. They fixed that in the patch that added the option in the menu.

Whatever the game is using to get 60fps isn't very good. While my FPS doesn't change, it's very jittery when looking around. I think they used some kind of quick fix to shut people up.
I've gone back to playing at 30fps.

This game is SO janky. There's no other way to describe it. My friend said the cutscenes looked straight out of House of the Dead.

From the other thread, meant to post in this one:

I'm actually pretty impressed by the demo. There's about 2-ish hours of gameplay if you dont power through it which is almost unheard of in this day and age.

The 60 FPS patch and the letterbox removal are great, I almost got nauseated playing on my buddy's PS4 on launch night. Will most likely pick this up, it runs smooth as silk on my main rig in my sig and i get absolutely 0 texture pop-in.

They picked a good time to release the demo, halloween weekend and also after the letterbox/60FPS patch.

I will give big props to any publisher that releases a demo on PC these days...and 2-3 hours of it? Insane.

Game looks great, and my 5 year old computer struggles a little at 1080p, but suprisingly still runs pretty good.

Game so far is good, and also pretty hard at times. The chainsaw guy is just messing me up. I know what to do, but just came execute, bahh! But yeah, I will buy this shortly.

Good to play on Halloween night. GREAT TIMING!

Back