evga p55 classified 200

lowker

n00b
Thank you for reading this post. My problem is that the debug led keeps on telling me error code b8 (will show photo). i’m not sure what it means can someone help? it worked perfectly fine but after i disassembled it to put in a new motherboard and cpu i bought ,(i got scammed and both cpu and motherboard was broken). So i decided to put it all back together and now it doesn’t post.

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1706319410.mov
    15.1 MB
Looked at a pretty extensive list of post codes, and I couldn't find that one on any modern AMI bios. Even most of the older ones don't have it. An old compaq 286 uses it for "fixed drive tests complete", PHEONIX and some others used it for "clear global descriptor tables".

Now, if we assume for some weird reason we're reading it upside down...it could be B9 or 89. 89 was used for "Programming after setup complete. Going to display power on screen message." for a few AMI bioses. B9 isn't used.

It could just be garbage, too. Those displays often display useless information when they are in between debug stop points.

Looked at a pretty extensive list of post codes, and I couldn't find that one on any modern AMI bios. Even most of the older ones don't have it. An old compaq 286 uses it for "fixed drive tests complete", PHEONIX and some others used it for "clear global descriptor tables".

Now, if we assume for some weird reason we're reading it upside down...it could be B9 or 89. 89 was used for "Programming after setup complete. Going to display power on screen message." for a few AMI bioses. B9 isn't used.

It could just be garbage, too. Those displays often display useless information when they are in between debug stop points.
i forgot to say this, is doesn’t post

The debug LEDs display POST codes, although not just during POST proper. Though since it IS before POST, you may need a speaker to get anything useful. Like I said earlier, they often display garbage if it's not stopped at a normal debug stop point.

Here's the list of codes I went through if you are interested, also has general info about POST codes: https://mrbios.com/techsupport/award/postcodes.htm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 1
if i put it in the 1st to the left it shows E8 also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 0
you can edit your posts, don't need to have a bunch for no reason.
check the manual and see which spots they should be in, usually its 2+4

Check the pins in the CPU socket, could be some dust or something in there preventing contact, clean the cpu with some rubbing alcohol and try reinserting the cpu and see if it helps.

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=58746

E8 is no memory present or detected. Which doesn't seem too surprising looking at the forums as it seems slots 2 & 4 need to be used first on that board. Trying to search for some time period posts on EVGA forums, seems others were having problems with the b8 code as well though didn't see anything definitive.

My suggestion would be to get back to the basics. Start unplugging everything that is not necessary. Maybe even taking it out of the case to do this all as a bench test to remove the case as another variable. Clear the CMOS. Make sure all the PSU connections are fitted correctly. Use on-board power buttons if available otherwise just jump the power pins to see if you can get it to work and then go from there adding stuff back one by one if you can get it working at all.

Back