EVGA GTX 760 died....Again

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
I'd be jumping calling them up... especially if they sent you back a card that died again. Considering their normal reputation for customer service, I don't imagine they would leave you high and dry.

On the upgrade part, I'm honestly not sure what I would even pick. Either card will be solid at 1080p, depends on if you want Red Team or Green Team to be honest.

This^

Stop with the tantrum and contact customer support.
And be nice.

Both look like good cards to me but i think xfx has a better reputation for customer service, Odds are you wont need to rma anytime soon but still. So thats my vote

eVGA's customer service is top notch. Give them a call and they will get you sorted-out.

I'd recommend posting in the evga forums and possibly trying to contact "evga_jacobf" and see how far you get. He is also on twitter.
Not exactly sure who to try to contact as the person that helped me years ago might not be with evga anymore (matthew hurwitz)

Ive been there though. RMAd an 8800gt and got several broken gts450s in return from evga. I was blamed as the problem by many. At the time, I posted on the evga forums and one of the product managers finally got ahold of me and offered to "personally test" the next one. That card is still working today in the original pc it was in, but I went through like 4 broken cards in a period of 5 months.

I think i would pm the evga rep here..anyone have a link to his account?

This^

Stop with the tantrum and contact customer support.
And be nice.
Hell no! Im going to throw a big tantrum!

Ok, not really. The 760 is ok, but slow and only has 2gb which sucks. Time for an upgrade.

Yeah, EVGA's refurbs can be less than stellar at times. I had ended up having two replacement 570s die on me before the third one finally worked.

So as the title states I got back a card which seems to be as good as the last one..
Which for all I know is the same card with a different sticker.
So I have been gaming on an old 5870 which at least works.
Screw EVGA, so here are 2 options, unless somebody has something better. 1080 gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150729

Thanks.

EVGA customer support is second to none, so unless there is something your not telling us, CALL THEM!

It's just bad luck. I've had an incident where I had to RMA a phone 3 times in a row, but the 4th time it works like a charm for multiple years.

Give them another call. Two times is nothing :p

Back