evga classified 780 and other custom variants

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
i read on a few sites that NVIDIA has a ban on custom cards until a certain date.... but I cant seem to find that article anymore, and maybe I read it all wrong...

Currently, I can only find reference 780s available and the evga ACX cooler.

does anyone know when to expect custom variants of the 780?

You heard incorrect information OP, there will quite a few custom GTX 780s, but they won't be available for another month or so. There is generally a 2-3 month lead time for custom *PCB* variants.

Now with that stated, you can purchase custom cooler GTX 780s but they're all using the reference PCB - custom PCBs are arriving, as mentioned, a month or two from now. Both MSI lightning 780s and Classifieds are coming, with custom PCB goodness. :)

I would wait and see what Galaxy & Zotac come up with. The gpu's I've tried recently (2x 7950, 1x 680x, 1x670) could barely overclock (max +25mhz w/o flashing)

All these versions are confusing. What should I buy if I'm looking for a factory overclocked and quiet GTX 780. I don't really want to manually overclock my card cause I'll probably mess something up. I don't mind paying a little extra for something that's basically plug-n-play.

I'm guessing either the EVGA GTX 780 SC /w ACX or the Gigabyte GTX 780 /w Windforce? Would waiting a month or two for the Classified be worth it for my case?

the classified generally runs 100 bucks more then a stock 680, so i figure the price structure will be the same for 780s... but the classified is always the fastest card they make.

Back