evga 680i weird keyboard issue

Budzman

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure what the problem here is but from time to time when im typing or playing a game and using WASD for movement the keyboard will cause beeping sounds to come from the motherboard speaker. Also it's like the keys get stuck, for example I was playing WoW and my guy wouldn't stop running forward last night.

I'm using Dell Quietkey PS/2 keyboards and I tried two different ones thinking maybe my original keyboard went bad or something but the problem remained with the other keyboard. I'm using the P20 BIOS and I don't see any options in there for keyboards.

Any ideas or can I assume that the keyboard controller on the board is defective and I should RMA this board from my purchase place?

Budzman said:
Not sure what the problem here is but from time to time when im typing or playing a game and using WASD for movement the keyboard will cause beeping sounds to come from the motherboard speaker. Also it's like the keys get stuck, for example I was playing WoW and my guy wouldn't stop running forward last night.

I'm using Dell Quietkey PS/2 keyboards and I tried two different ones thinking maybe my original keyboard went bad or something but the problem remained with the other keyboard. I'm using the P20 BIOS and I don't see any options in there for keyboards.

Any ideas or can I assume that the keyboard controller on the board is defective and I should RMA this board from my purchase place?

For now use USB, the board does not like PS/2, I used that dell as well. It should be fixed in next bios.

im havin same prob its price have to pay for newest bleeding edge is suppose hope its fixed soon ! seems to be a minor but annoying problem.

I have the same problem too. I bought a USB keyboard and that fixed it.. I'll just use USB until they get a new BIOS out that fixes the problem.

Back