Eset's Remote Administrator Console - wrong computer names and IPs

Clockworks

Supreme [H]ardness
We are doing a small little test run of Eset's NOD32. I love the AV, it's great. I got it to work on the server and it was able to pull up a list of nearly all the machines in the domain (only one - small company). Problem is, a lot of these machines have the wrong IP or are just plain missing (such as mine) from the list. How do I fix this?

I tried to Deploy NOD32 to the machine that has my IP but it fails to do anything of the sort.

you using newest versin of RAS and RAC? I had some issue with the new version not reporting some machine names.

3rd party software firewall on the clients?
Is there an exception in the Windows firewall of the clients to allow file and print sharing?...you need admin access to the C$ of the workstations.

When you did a "push install" of the package, did you ensure that the IP/name of the remote admin server was correct?

I'm sitting at a network of ~70 with the latest RAS/RAC doing some upgrades to 4.2.62 client..and smooth as buttah.

have you restarted your server since?

this may be a better forum - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

or you can always try support. let us know how it goes =)

Restarted server, yes. Still the same issue. =/

3rd party software firewall on the clients?
Is there an exception in the Windows firewall of the clients to allow file and print sharing?...you need admin access to the C$ of the workstations.

When you did a "push install" of the package, did you ensure that the IP/name of the remote admin server was correct?

I'm sitting at a network of ~70 with the latest RAS/RAC doing some upgrades to 4.2.62 client..and smooth as buttah.

No 3rd party firewall, just the Windows one, made sure it was the right server IP/name. I hope I don't have to open up the port in every single machine, at least manually....

Though my machine has the correct OS and IP listed, the name is wrong. Mach06.network.com is what it should be, it sees it as Mach03.network.com.

To make things even odder...the test machine (Mach07) shows up in the Microsoft Windows Network under the Entire Network/My Network places but my machine is not listed in there (Mach06). This is rather bizarre...

To make things even odder...the test machine (Mach07) shows up in the Microsoft Windows Network under the Entire Network/My Network places but my machine is not listed in there (Mach06). This is rather bizarre...

That's odd...
All workstations are members of the domain? Or are any in "workgroup mode"?
A single domain controller?
The Eset management console uses the Windows network places when you do push installs and what not...basically just "netview"...so what shows up or doesn't show up in there...isn't related to the Eset console...as it simply uses Windows to see that.

Are you using ESS (which is the security suite of AV plus firewall), or NOD32 (which is just the AV) ?

That's odd...
All workstations are members of the domain? Or are any in "workgroup mode"?
A single domain controller?
The Eset management console uses the Windows network places when you do push installs and what not...basically just "netview"...so what shows up or doesn't show up in there...isn't related to the Eset console...as it simply uses Windows to see that.

Are you using ESS (which is the security suite of AV plus firewall), or NOD32 (which is just the AV) ?

All workstations are members of the domain and there is only one controller (small company).

Just trying to push out NOD32.

Sounds like some kind of DNS issue to me. Machines aren't being updated in DHCP console because DNS is messed up?

Look around in that direction and see if you find anything.

You don't need to open any ports on the workstations, but there are a number of ports which need to be open on the RAS machine including 2221 & 2222. Refer to the RAS manual for compete details. Depending on what else you want to do like push installs requires additional port openings. And you'll need to have an administrator username/password login on the workstations to push installs.

Back