Epic throttles pace for UT3 on console

Conker

2[H]4U
Epic throttles pace for UT3 on console

Monday 16-Jul-2007 10:08
Epic
confirms that the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3 will be the fastest in town

PC gamers are in for a pacier - and presumably more frantic - action experience than their console cousins with Unreal Tournament 3.

"The game plays a bit slower on the console versions", Epic's Steve Polge told BeyondUnreal.com, adding that "there is some aiming help (although the system we've developed, while very effective, feels quite subtle)."

"...the game will not feel identical on each platform, as we've tweaked the game for each platform so as not to compromise the game play on any system", he further said, although explained that actual game content will be identical across PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Polge also reconfirmed news breaking last week that the PS3 version of UT3 will support mods, and promised on the PC side that the game "scales very well to a wide variety of hardware... We've always placed a lot of emphasis on getting UT to run well on lower end hardware".

Unreal Tournament 3 on console will be exclusive to PS3 in 2007. PS3 and PC versions should be with us in November.
Looks like the console versions are going to be dumbed down like usual. Pc version will most likely have the best experience of them all. Sounds like they are not going to allow pc vs ps3 because of the way they are saying it with the controls and all that and autoaim with everything being slower. Most likely getting the pc version here :).

This is why I'll always prefer PC gaming. I'm glad they aren't just developing it for the consoles and then porting it over to the PC.

I don't get it. First it says content will be identical across PS3, 360 and PC. Then, later in the post, it says exclusive to PC and PS3. Which is it?

The 360 version will be out in 2008. That's why it says "Exclusive to PS3 and PC in 2007"...

Back