"EA looking at 'reimagining' old franchises"

They dont have any good old IPs anyway. Except the Bioware stuff of course.

Sim City 5 assfucks... we want a proper replacement for Sim City 4 from 2003!

Fuck!

Sell the damn IP if you cannot make SC5!

Remake System Shock verbatim with Doom 3 engine. Yes.

No "reinmagination"; a straight graphic upgrade.

Crazy ambient whispers and all.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that EA holds the rights to System Shock, but I would hate to see them dust this one off and try to spin something new from it. I just don't see them being able to make it true to the original game and they *would* butcher it. Just look at the new "X-com". Like... are the two even related?

We all know that the vast majority of these "reimages" turn out to be shit, and feel like nothing more than a cash grab using a preexisting IP to launch from. I don't want to see that. Don't do that to my memories of System Shock.

Hell, Bioshock was a letdown to me...

EA, just get creative and come up with something new. Cut this shit out. I guess from a shareholder sense, you can't blame them for wanting to squeeze every penny out of the IPs they have... :(

They dont have any good old IPs anyway. Except the Bioware stuff of course.

Umm excuse me?

Dungeon Keeper
Populous
Magic Carpet
Ultima
Road rash

All terrible, and btw Bioware's older ips are owned by Interplay/Atari.

WING COMMANDER!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't resurrect the Origin name for nothing!

Umm excuse me?

Dungeon Keeper
Populous
Magic Carpet
Ultima
Road rash

All terrible, and btw Bioware's older ips are owned by Interplay/Atari.

You have me with Dungeon Keeper, I love that game.

The Strike series(Nuclear,Soviet strike etc) was published by EA I think. I loved playing those on the Playstation one. Wouldn't mind seeing a updated version of that game. Also a remake of the first Need For Speed please. The current NFS games are ok...but I get bored of them(get rid of the rubber band BS).

Here's the EA series that I'd like to see new sequels of:
Baldur's Gate
Battletech 3025
Dungeon Keeper
Wing Commander
Magic Carpet
Mutant League Football

The Strike series(Nuclear,Soviet strike etc) was published by EA I think. I loved playing those on the Playstation one. Wouldn't mind seeing a updated version of that game. Also a remake of the first Need For Speed please. The current NFS games are ok...but I get bored of them(get rid of the rubber band BS).

Yep, the Strike series is EA. There was a "Future Strike" pitched which featured a transformer-like chopper (switching between chopper and mech) but ended up as a different game completely separate from the Strike series.

You should try and get a hold of Jungle Strike and Urban Strike on the SNES and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive...the two best Strike games :cool:. Failing that, check them out on youtube.

I would love to see a modern Ultima game with proper 3D support but that would be dreaming.

I would LOVE a new Road Rash!

same here. A new Road Rash would be a day one buy for me (as long as it stayed true to the franchise). Skitchin was pretty badass too

I'm actually surprised that we haven't really seen any clones from some other developers over the years... considering most probably grew up playing it.

You wanna go classic, how about going back to the Commodore 64 days and bring out a little Mail Order Monsters. I played countless hours on that game.

Can barely remember the premise but it was something like you built your own monster from the money you had won and then you go fight it against other monsters. If you win, you get more money to upgrade and whatever. Nothing really new in this day and age but back in 1983 it was awesome!

http://youtu.be/lSCl7y7YijQ

+1 for another Road Rash. I liked the new MoH, it was just too short. Leave the rest alone though.

You really want one from this modern day EA? I'm sure it will be riddled with microtransactions. Pay per track, pay for extra driver models? No thanks.

wish they would give the source code to the guys working hard to resurrect EnB

For the love of god!
oh please god yes. I loved the mutant league games

Nope nope nope. First they did this with MOH, then NFS Hot Pursuit and both games were very subpar imo. I don't want them screwing up any of my old time favorites like Simcity/Simcopter/Simanything or any of the Jane's stuff with a silly "reboot".

How about instead they patch up their old games so they run under Windows 7 and re-release them in bundled packs?

NFS games have been bad for years, since like 4 and 5. porsche unleashed was probably the last GOOD one. I played a ton of underground, but it wasnt a good racing game thats for sure

Back