E6600 available at Clubit Hurry (CHECK HOT DEAL)

Well damn, this was a nice suprise after work. Went ahead and ordered mine, only 6 left now :D
Dont need a stock hsf anyways, will be using my sexy si-120.
Btw (forgot who asked) but I am going to use gskills F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ. Its on sale right now at newegg (40.00 instant rebate) and is a awsome overclocker from what I hear.

LOL Newegg is getting pwnt with their prices. See, price too high and nobody will buy 'em. =D

I would order one, but I need to camp a litle longer until SFF comes out.

u8myrice said:
LOL Newegg is getting pwnt with their prices. See, price too high and nobody will buy 'em. =D

I would order one, but I need to camp a litle longer until SFF comes out.

Newegg is sold out

BTW, thx annaconda for the heads up. I didnt think i would be getting conroe till september ;)

adrift02 said:
BTW, thx annaconda for the heads up. I didnt think i would be getting conroe till september ;)

Me either, but mine already shipped, they just sent me my tracking #.

edit: just curious did anyone see how many they started with? Like early we watched them go from 51 to 37 to 18 to 8 to 6 to 0, etc.. What was the highest # anyone saw?

Got my tracking # will be here friday too bad I am going to fricking dumb ass west palm beach to see DMB this weekend.

meh, I was thinking of ordering it, but ontop of the above average price I will have paid taxes

I will just wait, no need to rush,

Aztlan said:
meh, I was thinking of ordering it, but ontop of the above average price I will have paid taxes

I will just wait, no need to rush,

I don't know how you do it...I just couldn't hold out any longer.

well, there is a saying that goes

"Good things come for those who wait"

now I go by it, specially with pc hardware because if you wait, you are going to get the product cheaper,

in the past I was like everyone else, buying things right away, thing that cost me more in the end, lesson learned

chrisf6969 said:
Me either, but mine already shipped, they just sent me my tracking #.

edit: just curious did anyone see how many they started with? Like early we watched them go from 51 to 37 to 18 to 8 to 6 to 0, etc.. What was the highest # anyone saw?
Someone early on tried to add 1000 and it adjusted to 117 so at least that many...pretty good shipment for such an obscure place...

Aztlan said:
well, there is a saying that goes

"Good things come for those who wait"

now I go by it, specially with pc hardware because if you wait, you are going to get the product cheaper,

in the past I was like everyone else, buying things right away, thing that cost me more in the end, lesson learned
Yup, the early bird does not get the worm in this case :D Especially when the Egg flips on the rapeswitch it used often during the Opteron craze.

annaconda said:

Thank you annaconda. I was so tired of checking sites every couple of hours for this processor. I saw your post, ordered and now my 6600 is on a FedEx vehicle for delivery. I flashed my P5WDH last night to the 901 bios and I'm ready to oc as soon as it gets here.

Once again, thanks for the heads up. Also, I like ClubIT... Got tracking info early and same day shipping without a 2.99 fee.

Chris

Just curious, why did you flash to 901 instead of 801?
My understanding (after talking to ASUS support) was that the 901 had patches just for the X6800, which would not be needed for a E6600.

Not being a thread hijacker....MANY thanks to annaconda....got my tracking number and it will be delivered tomorrow. Got the Conroe that I had wanted.
The long, national nightmare is over!

Thanks,
Andrew

cditty said:
...I flashed my P5WDH last night to the 901 bios and I'm ready to oc as soon as it gets here...Chris

I had 801 and when I went back and double checked the support site, it was showing 901 for all Conroes. This is not what was showing last week, as it showed 801.

But, since it showed 901 now... I updated.

Chris

Now I'm just waiting on the Egg to ship my Gigabyte DS3. I guess since I didn't pay the $2.99 they didnt ship same day! :( Newegg is starting to bother me.

fusionrs said:
Got my tracking # will be here friday too bad I am going to fricking dumb ass west palm beach to see DMB this weekend.
Conroe, DMB...Conroe, DMB....hmmmm, somehow the Conroe comes out ahead here... :p

They actually for some reason, used different Sku's for the ones that came avail yesterday. I noticed it said NO STOCK for the very same processor, oem etc - right under the IN STOCK 6600 OEM.

So that may be why people didnt get auto-notify'd of return of stocks. Since you were setup w/ a diff Sku.

Make sure you're home for delivery. Even though I have a signature release on file... ClubIT requires you to sign. Guess I'll be picking up my 6600 after I get off of work.

Chris

Order one yesterday right before the status went to "out of stock".

It's been stuck at "pending for shipment" though. I want my chip...:(

farkus said:

Call them and find out what's what.

farkus said:

Same here, I ordered one when there were 2 left

annaconda said:
Well who needs stock HSF any ways, save your self some money. There is nothing going to happen these chips. Tell me how many of you have ever RMA the chip?

Well if its going to go ... it will go in the first few days anyways.

Or the first time you try to get to 5GHz and the gerbil won't run fast enough on the wheel to adequately cool it!! :D

Andrew

GoodOmens said:
Well if its going to go ... it will go in the first few days anyways.

I think with newegg you have to realize that they have a TON of orders, and they make it very clear that if you want same day shipping you have to pay the rush fee. I used to not pay the rush fee, and it would take 2-3 days for them to ship. Now, if it is a slower than average day, they will ship same day without the fee. It's just a matter of a huge amount of business.

Andrew

chrisf6969 said:
Now I'm just waiting on the Egg to ship my Gigabyte DS3. I guess since I didn't pay the $2.99 they didnt ship same day! :( Newegg is starting to bother me.

You can fry a CPU but you have to work pretty hard at it. Like fire it up without any cooler on it several times, etc. Chances are, in normal use, even with overclocking, a CPU is not going to fail.

Andrew

annaconda said:
There is nothing going to happen to chips. I hope not :confused:

aamsel said:
I think with newegg you have to realize that they have a TON of orders, and they make it very clear that if you want same day shipping you have to pay the rush fee. I used to not pay the rush fee, and it would take 2-3 days for them to ship. Now, if it is a slower than average day, they will ship same day without the fee. It's just a matter of a huge amount of business.

Andrew

Yeah newegg is out of their minds. They are flying high, after their success in business, but they don;t know people are moving away from them. Their shipping quality, is not the same any more, and their prices are getting higher.

aamsel said:

Andrew
Wait, what? I've NEVER purchased Rush Processing on a NewEgg order and EVERY order I've ever placed through them has shipped the same day. I do typically order early in the morning (7-9am cst).

sgt said:
Wait, what? I've NEVER purchased Rush Processing on a NewEgg order and EVERY order I've ever placed through them has shipped the same day. I do typically order early in the morning (7-9am cst).

They used to ship out most of my orders the same day. It seems like they've been doing so less often lately. So the motherboard I ordered yesterday shipped out today. It shipped from Memphis warehouse thats probably why. When they ship from Cali they have 2 more hours there (b/c its 2 hours earlier = pacific time)

I had mine overnighted, so I hope it ships today. Coincidentally, my motherboard is due to arrive tomorrow. I have an empty case at home waiting for both of them.

Back