Dynamat Xtreme + Antec P 1 P180?

00ber_m00

Limp Gawd
I've got an Antec Performance I P180 case coming in a couple days and I also have some leftover Dynamat Xtreme laying around from when I installed it in my car. Dynamat Xtreme is sound dampening material incase you aren't familiar with it.

My plan is to layer the inside of the case with the dynamat to silence it as best as I can. I'm not a huge silence junky but I have the dynamat laying around so I figured I'd give it a try. Has anyone had experience doing this and did it work? I'm not looking for suggestions of other materials or methods to try because I don't want to spend any money doing this. I'd just like to know if this is a good idea. Thanks.

Interesting. Is that just because of the nature of the material? I would of course make sure that the dynamat did not interrupt the flow of air in my case.

I used some Dynamat Xtreme to mount my pump on for my P180...

It's a pretty sweet material, but the results are going to be minute. Head on over to:

www.silentpcreview.com and read up on it. Plenty of people have used it before.

The temp rise is because the Dynamat acts as an Insulator, It will be a fairly low rise as the Airflow is the main form of cooling, but there is a little cooling done as the case acts as a heatsink, maybe be 1-2 degrees at most from what I have seen in reviews.

Meh the P180 is super quiet anyway.. (After I changed the fan on the Graphics card to a Zalman) ;)

Back