Ducting air in from 5.25" bays?

Suicidal Insanity

Limp Gawd
After I read this thread ( http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=830242&page=1&pp=20 ) I was looking at my case, and wondering whether it would work having a duct that goes from 2 empty 5.25" bays to the cpu cooler, I am most likely getting a XP 120, or possible a copper tower as an alternative, I am currently still using an intel stock cooler. My main goal is to keep this quiet as well as cool.

case.jpg

(Its a bit of a mess, waiting on my PCI X card to arrive and my second HDD to come back from RMA, thats also a 24V 120mm fan between the HDD coolers, running silent at 12V

use plexi to make the duct... then make sure you have air filter

i use my drive bay as air exhaust due to all the air intake from the fans

well, I would fill the 2 bays with a filter, then wasn't sure on how to make the duct, rounded probably wouldn't work with plexiglas, guess I would have to angle it.

If you have any old defunct CD Rom drives around you can use it. Gut the drive and use the part that has the mounting holes in the side to mount the plexi box in, and connect the round dryer vent hose to the back of the plexi box. That way you could mount a face plate/ filter to it and use your drive rails or mounting holes to hold it in place.

Back