Dragon Age 2 demo: Download 1 million times = free stuff

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

"Help Dragon Age reach one million downloads of the dragon age 2 demo and we will unlock two new in-game item"

Item 1:

Lothering's Lament - Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems contains touching reminiscences of all she had to leave behind. Readers will surely benefit from her experience (XP boost when read)

Item 2:

The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall - Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems describes her dreams of a new start in Kirkwall, the city across the sea. Readers will surely be enriched by her insights. (Gives money when read.)

I already have the game on pre-order. Might as well get the demo (February 22nd) when it becomes available to get even more free stuff :)

Seems like a good idea. Creates more traffic and marketing for the game even if people won't necessarily buy it.

I probably won't but who knows. Personally, I'm waiting on The Witcher 2 and then Skyrim for my RPG fix. But, I will probably download this demo for shits and giggles anyway.

Seems similar to what EA did with Hot Pursuit (get a million viewers on a video and get free DLC).

Last edited:
I preordered already but I suppose if it helps add more content I'll check it out.

I hate when they do stuff like this.

Just kidding. lol, I'm downloading it anyways to try it out. Marketers trying to impress their superior executives. I'm not complaining.

Silly marketing.

How about: If 2 million people download the demo, new DLC will be added to the game - A magnificent set of Papa Smurf armor for the low price of 7€

Wait, so we can help them release something for a game that isn't released yet? Something that COULD OF BEEN RELEASED ON THE DAMN GAME DISKS? I'll get right on downloading the demo... oh wait, no I won't.

Wait, so we can help them release something for a game that isn't released yet? Something that COULD OF BEEN RELEASED ON THE DAMN GAME DISKS? I'll get right on downloading the demo... oh wait, no I won't.

This right here explains the problem with DLC and consolization of games. Put it in the fucking game that we are paying for in the first place.

Talk about a fucking entitlement problem. You're bitching about free items? Seriously!?

go to every computer in the house, go to your smartphone, go to every computer at school and start downloading.

Wonder what happens if we failed to hit the target. Maybe they'll charge 0.99 each. That'll teach you guys to download the demo next time :D

Seriously, I might just try it out. See if I'd like it. Nothing to lose.

Actually, I'll download it just to show my support for free demo like this. (Not those stupid demo that requires you to buy a game or pre-order the game :mad: )

Has a demo never been downloaded a million times in one week before? Maybe they're trying to reach this milestone (though the advertising makes it a bit unfair for comparison).

Is Dragon age one a Action RPG? Ive been thinking of picking it up along with MvC3 for the wife.

It's an action RPG, and I'm going to wait for the inevitable Ultimate edition of the game, they screwed me out of $40 for DLC as well as the $50 for the last one, won't happen again.

But I will certainly get the demo and play it through.

What I think would be funny is if they have to remove something that was already in the game for the sake of pacing what level you can get to and what you can buy early game.

Has a demo never been downloaded a million times in one week before? Maybe they're trying to reach this milestone (though the advertising makes it a bit unfair for comparison).

I think they figure it will be met. Just something to get the excitement out.

It's an action RPG, and I'm going to wait for the inevitable Ultimate edition of the game, they screwed me out of $40 for DLC as well as the $50 for the last one, won't happen again.

But I will certainly get the demo and play it through.

My feelings too, unless this demo shows awesomeness beyond my wildest dreams.

I've seen worse. At least they're giving something to people and its better then playing some never updated flash game that had potential but never went anywhere.

Oh yea, forgot about that flash game... wow. Working towards free items on the flash game felt like a painful homework assignment. I gave up on the flash. Thought about cheating it though, but meh, not worth the effort.

My friend has been obsessed with this game since it was announced. He has been wondering if he can download the demo on Xbox, PS3, and PC to help as much as he can.

Back