DoubleSight DS-263N - 26"

After waiting the whole day for any text message for my phone, I arrive home to see "Out Of Stock" on NewEgg and with no ETA anymore.

Where else can I get this monitor with a polarizer?!

If newegg doesnt have any in stock then no one will , Im sure there expected in sometime this week
but expeect delays as im sure there are alot of orders to be filled on this monitor! I just pray that the
new batch is still as good as the old or even better.

Out of Stock (ETA:06/17/2008)

The wait continues... This is the 4th time they've delayed the ETA...

Rez, it seems like none of the distributors have the new batch in stock yet. Dunno how you got one. I would guess either Amazon messed up, or you got one from the old batch.. maybe an unopened return? It still doesnt explain why you got one shipped before people who preordered it earlier though. Maybe amazon ships from the most recent preorder?

My thoughts as well. I previously returned the NEC 2690 to Amazon, so am I now "flagged" or something? Haven't heard of Amazon doing anything like this.

Needless to say I'll be quite critical when it arrives. Hey, maybe it'll turn out to be the last of the "good" stock with a polarizer, who knows. Polarizer or not, still a better deal than the 23" Apple display. : /

I got a note with the text below yesterday from buy.com. This is the 2nd I've gotten, the first was on 6/3. Since I ordered on 5/16 this is presumably to mark the one-month-old milestone for my order:

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.

Just a note to let you know that the backordered or preordered item(s) below from your order #12345678 are still not in stock.

We will continue to work hard to ship your item(s) to you.

Order #00000000

sku - 206689065 : description - DoubleSight DS-263N - 26" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 5 ms, 800:1. 1920 x 1200 - Black

I ordered mine from Provantage... They said their expected stock date is June 16. This is what it says on their site;

Backordered
Stock was expected on Monday, June 16, 2008. Our supplier has not yet provided us with an updated date. Manufacturers's Warranty.

It's interesting actually, as Provantage said that they wont charge my credit card before they ship the unit. I got an email today saying my phone number was wrong when they tried to charge my card. SO, I think that means they have the monitors in stock?

I'm tempted to return my 263n as I come up on the 30 day grace period at Amazon.

It doesn't work with my Motorola DCT-3412 STB, which does not appear to afflict just me. I purchased a component to HDMI converter which works, but I have to let the STB scale 480i signals, which leaves ugly noise in the top couple horizontal lines. I think I can live with this, especially because combining this setup with a component switcher will allow me to use my Wii as well.

Perhaps when I have the money I can get the Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 for the STB (not using the passthrough), and use the component to HDMI converter for the Wii.

This is all so much more complicated than the 2408. But the 263n's panel is so, so, so much better I keep justifying more and more to keep it. No dead pixels, polarizer.

Just ordered it when I got notification, hope it has the polarizer (as it said) and 0-1 dead pixels D:

What a bunch of BS. I had it in my cart and was ordering some more stuff and those morons removed it from my cart. Once you put it in your cart it should remove it from inventory. I was buying $1,000 worth of other crap along with it but now I'll just get everything from Amazon.

$138 for 2nd day air to Alaska from Newegg. If it has defects, I can always deal with Doublesight directly. Good things come to those who are patient. *Toasty - "HOLY FUCK IT HAS A POLARIZER!" Marketing people, take note of the power of "HOLY FUCK". .. lol

Wow, sell like a hot cake.

Any Canadian got this LCD ? Looks like the only option we have is Provantage ...

Im Canadain, I ordered 2 of the monitors from provantage.
I recieved a notice saying I should have the panels next week sometime.

worth waiting for latest reviews. so if you get one, please post store you got it from plus your impressions

Im Canadain, I ordered 2 of the monitors from provantage.
I recieved a notice saying I should have the panels next week sometime.

Thanks for the update. Just ordered a BenQ G2400W from NCIX mainly for office, but I will see how it fits at home for photo, web, some movie etc. If it's fine, I will stay with it and move my 20" CRT to office otherwise I will move BenQ to office and get a DS-263N for home use.

Newegg has it in stock again...I just contacted newegg and right before I bought it they said there were 2 in stock.. so last one anyone?... I wonder why they had 2 randomly in stock again... mine is in step 3 now so I don't think it was an error...

Amazon jacked up the price another $26. Now selling for $786 from them. Wish I had bought it from them when they had it for $700 two weeks ago.

For anyone considering buying this for more than $700, I would highly suggest holding off until Doublesight can get more supply out to meet the demand, at which point the price should drop more.

At least I was able to finally get one from Newegg today for $724 shipped.

Newegg has it in stock again...I just contacted newegg and right before I bought it they said there were 2 in stock.. so last one anyone?... I wonder why they had 2 randomly in stock again... mine is in step 3 now so I don't think it was an error...

Newegg has a fairly good/quick system setup about orders. Though if someone cancels or credit/payment problems it will halt the sale and allow it to be put back online after a bit. The way these are going, they probably are making sure that any left over are put back up for sale as quickly as possible. I know the day I ordered mine, I bought in the early morning (off Newegg), gone ten minutes later, back after lunch then gone again, and back in the evening.

ProVantage is taking there sweet time with shipping these out! I suspect by
weeks end my shipment should be sent. Hopefully im really excited about this
monitor and really wanting to finally part ways with this old dell 17 Inch Trinitron.

DS-263N 26-Inch Widescreen LCD Display
- 2 items backordered.
- must be consolidated at our Ohio warehouse for export processing.
- shipping date not yet determined.

D3V

just got my email from newegg telling me my order cannot be processed because the item is OOS :confused::(:mad:

just got my email from newegg telling me my order cannot be processed because the item is OOS :confused::(:mad:

ARGH! I hope my order went through before yours yesterday... :D

I'm still in step 3.... Questionable because I get free rush processing, and I ordered in the early morning yesterday..

I'll give them a call later today to see what's up if nothing changes.

I got this email when I bought it, but I've received nothing else since I bought it yesterday.

WTF NewEgg, ship it!

Dear ***************

Your Newegg.com sales order has been successfully charged to your credit/debit card and order verification is now complete.

Sales order number: 77445***
Customer number: 404****
Amount: $724.76
Time of charge: 6/17/2008 10:52:04 AM

Customer name: ***********************
Customer email: ********************

Same!

Has it been shipped for anyone who bought it through newegg?

Mine has been in step 3 for a day now... So much for "rush processing". I contacted them and they said all they could do is verify that it was in step 3.. they couldn't even tell me for sure whether they had a monitor for me or not!

I've had a lot of great experiences with the egg in the past.. but this is definitely one of the not so good ones.

I didn't rush order, but I haven't had this bad of a wait before from NewEgg. If it takes any longer I feel it's warrant a phone call or email with my displeasure, as I will let them know as I won't be dealing with them for monitors in the future anymore.

I'm on page 30 of this Thread and still reading. I just had a question if anyone has upgraded from a Dell 2405fpw to this monitor and how much better it is? My Dell is out of warranty and dead pixels are starting to show up. Anyway let me know as I'm really looking forward to getting one when they come back in stock and want to know what I'm getting myself into... back to reading!

Back