Does your Wii feel warm even when idle?

dreamcast87

Limp Gawd
I’ve had a Wii since 12/06 and since I set it up I haven’t moved or touched it. I just recently changed my entertainment center and when I touched the unit it was warm to the touch when idle. Is this normal or shoud i be worried?

I’ve had a Wii since 12/06 and since I set it up I haven’t moved or touched it. I just recently changed my entertainment center and when I touched the unit it was warm to the touch when idle. Is this normal or shoud i be worried?
:D

My Wii is warm when I touch it too ;)

But seriously... My Wii is always warm... I haven't had a problem but mine is in a pretty open, well ventilated space.

Consider switching from briefs to boxers :p

:D

My Wii is warm when I touch it too ;)

But seriously... My Wii is always warm... I haven't had a problem but mine is in a pretty open, well ventilated space.

Consider switching from briefs to boxers :p
:p :p

Seriously, though. Mine runs warm when I leave it vertical, but if I sit it horizontal, it idles MUCH cooler.

i dont think the fan runs when it is in standby, hence the high temp :p discs are noticeably hotter coming out of standby...

ok so i'm not alone i have mine vertical all the time i try placing it horizontal and see if that helps

If your worried about it, set wii connect to not run when the wii is in standby. wii connect is what causes it to be warm when in standby...

If your worried about it, set wii connect to not run when the wii is in standby. wii connect is what causes it to be warm when in standby...

but then i won't get my Mii's :( i guess i'll buy a mini fan of some sort and put it next to it at the bottom air in take vent

It's normal for it to be warm when it's idling. It's because they cut the fan, even though the system isn't in a completely low power state. Nothing to worry about though.

Working as planned.... If you leave WiiConnect24 on it stays connected but the cooling fans do not cool the system. I have had mine on since 12/19 and had WiiConnect24 on since then without any problems arising from the heat. You should be good to go as long as you have adequate ventilation.

Yeah, it's warm. My launch unit is doing just fine with WiiConnect 24 on.

If the light is 'yellow', the system is in low power mode (WiiConnect 24)
If it is 'red' it is completely off. (No heat.)

If you unplug the Wii, or the power goes out, it will automatically go into 'red' mode when the power is back. You must turn the console on to go back to 'yellow'.
(If you hold the power button for 5 seconds while the console is off, you can make it 'red'. Turn it on, brings it back to 'yellow'. This way you can manipulate the power settings without ever really turning the console 'on')

Edit #4: Well... you do turn it on to get out of 'red'.....

What the hell am i doing here while on medication....? I'm going to bed.

Oh, man. That was almost too easy but this is a family board :)

Back