Does Eyefinity need Hydravision

Dantrax

Gawd
I installed cat 10.1 hotfix, & it tried to install "Hydravision?". Is this the multi-monitor control for eyefinity ? I didn't install it but I can't seem to get a straight answer about it from ATI. Anybody using Hydravision for their multi-monitor set-ups ?

Been there. I'm using 1 tv for my setup so eyefinity is not for me anyway, but I was curios what Hydravision was for & why it would be installed automatically? Does it allow you to spread out your picture on one display ? Because at 1920 x 1080 my display doesn't fill my tv screen.

I'm a firm believer in not installing crap that you don't need as it's just one more thing that might cause problems further down the line.

I made sure Hydravision, Drag and Drop and the HDMI Audio parts of the drivers were not installed as I don't need them but have heard of crash problems related HDMI audio drivers.

I got rid of Hydragrid as it wasn't so useful for me, even with Eyefinity but YMMV so try it. You can always uninstall it later.

I'm a firm believer in not installing crap that you don't need as it's just one more thing that might cause problems further down the line.

I made sure Hydravision, Drag and Drop and the HDMI Audio parts of the drivers were not installed as I don't need them but have heard of crash problems related HDMI audio drivers.

I got rid of Hydragrid as it wasn't so useful for me, even with Eyefinity but YMMV so try it. You can always uninstall it later.

Yes I am too, I always click custom install so I can choose what crap they're trying to install on my pc. Anyway I figured out how to get my picture to fill out my display, open ccc, go to desktops & displays, click detect displays, right click small display in bottom row, click configure, scaling options, & move slider to watch your picture fill, or under fill your screen.

Yes I am too, I always click custom install so I can choose what crap they're trying to install on my pc. Anyway I figured out how to get my picture to fill out my display, open ccc, go to desktops & displays, click detect displays, right click small display in bottom row, click configure, scaling options, & move slider to watch your picture fill, or under fill your screen.

check out ultramon.. single click of a button will expand the window across all displays..

check out ultramon.. single click of a button will expand the window across all displays..

I'm only using a sony tv (KDL32"XBR9 with 1080p & 120 Hz) as a monitor, but I was trying to figure out what all the ccc options did. I imagine eyefinity would show up as an option if I had more monitors attached to my card, but I'm not sure about that

I'm using it with my setup to create a grid on each monitor so I can enlarge a screen on one screen instead of across all three.

Hydragrid is actually very useful when in eyefinity mode so that your individual displays continue to work like normal seperate displays. It's annoying having windows maximize across all three instead of on one display.

Hydragrid is actually very useful when in eyefinity mode so that your individual displays continue to work like normal seperate displays. It's annoying having windows maximize across all three instead of on one display.

sounds like somehting i wanna use. i tried enabling hydragrd, picked a preset grid of 3 sections (it looked like each monitor was its own section. but when i tried to maximize a window it still went all across the 3 screens. is there something else i need to do?

also, is there a quick way to disable eyefinity and have the system default to the one main monitor, and then renable to get eyefinity back? i can just shut off the side screens before i launch a game and that works for single screen, but you cant do that for normal desktop, so youd have to keep turing them on and off....kind of a pain. would be really nice if you could create diff profiles and switch between them on the fly ( ie: 1x3, 1x1)

sounds like somehting i wanna use. i tried enabling hydragrd, picked a preset grid of 3 sections (it looked like each monitor was its own section. but when i tried to maximize a window it still went all across the 3 screens. is there something else i need to do?

Yep. You don't maximise the windows. Right click the window and choose the 'expand to grid' option (or something like that).

Back