Do you think this mouse have practical purpose?

I'm pretty sure OP is affiliated with either the product or the seller. 3 day noobie, one other short post, link is to a no name site with poorly translated english.

I'm pretty sure OP is affiliated with either the product or the seller. 3 day noobie, one other short post, link is to a no name site with poorly translated english.
oh, your words hurt me. i am wondering if it really has practicle use. i am sorry but a link must be along with the site name and one with poor English can't join the forum?

I'm not sure I understand it, but it looks like it replaces standard buttons with buttons for the mouse magnifier that's built into Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-items-on-the-screen-appear-bigger-Magnifier
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/how-to/mouse/magnifier

If that's what they've done, it's a really crappy mouse. Where is the mouse wheel?

u are right. and there is no wheel. it is operated over buttons. really crappy one, ah?

it would appear from the 4th picture showing the "mouse" over a newspaper that it's not a mouse just a magnifier that people with poor vision could use to read something that was too small.

Logitech makes mice with zoom and drivers that are far better so it has no use.

doesn't windows already have accessibility options? haven't played with it thought, but been in the os for years.

-Dragon-it would appear from the 4th picture showing the "mouse" over a newspaper that it's not a mouse just a magnifier that people with poor vision could use to read something that was too small.
yeah, so it is. it maybe suitable for grandparents who like reading. or when we sit a little far from PC, it may works. but the mouse magnifier replace mouse wheel to buttons. i think it isn't easy to operate.

doesn't windows already have accessibility options? haven't played with it thought, but been in the os for years.

in fact the keyboard shortcuts can also reach it. so i wonder what other features can maek such a product a hot one.

Guys, this is obviously something that magnifies the image that the mouse is placed on using built in optics and then displays it on the monitor.

What the hell does windows accessibility options and keyboard shortcuts have to do with anything?

That being said I don't know why anyone use it... it doesn't function as a mouse and the connector is RCA.... you couldn't even use it on most monitors unless you went through the video in of a tuner card and then output to monitor; but who wants to go through all that shit.

What the hell does windows accessibility options and keyboard shortcuts have to do with anything?

by "the keyboard shortcuts can also reach it" i mean we can also use keyboard shortcuts "ctrl" and "+" to magnify letters and images shown on the screen. am i right?

by "the keyboard shortcuts can also reach it" i mean we can also use keyboard shortcuts "ctrl" and "+" to magnify letters and images shown on the screen. am i right?

Yeah, you are right....

But it has nothing to do with this device or any discussion on it's usefulness.

lol,This was pretty funny. You guys should read and see what the think is before making uninformed comments on the matter.

This reminds me of those magnifiers they used to have at the library back in my school days for when you read those old archived newspaper articles. They looked like giant microscopes that projected onto a screen. I think this is a brilliant idea. Now to make it really marketable, you would need to find a way to make it blue tooth and have it be compatible with today's tablets. That would allow the hard of seeing people to have a way to magnify either a book or newspaper they might be reading right onto their Tablet.

But i can see it as also being a way to take screen shots of important text you might need from a text book for school, or documents from work, without needing to use a scanner. Pretty cool concept.

lol,This was pretty funny. You guys should read and see what the think is before making uninformed comments on the matter.

This reminds me of those magnifiers they used to have at the library back in my school days for when you read those old archived newspaper articles. They looked like giant microscopes that projected onto a screen. I think this is a brilliant idea. Now to make it really marketable, you would need to find a way to make it blue tooth and have it be compatible with today's tablets. That would allow the hard of seeing people to have a way to magnify either a book or newspaper they might be reading right onto their Tablet.

You're thinking of microfilm.... I actually had to use those once in college about 6 years ago lol

But i can see it as also being a way to take screen shots of important text you might need from a text book for school, or documents from work, without needing to use a scanner. Pretty cool concept

Yeah when it catches up to this decade and stops using RCA cables to transmit the image :)

the mouse the dude "recommends" is a total bust.. (and he even defends it)

1) if you are visualy impared .. you use a big screen, and learn the accessibility keys ..

So if you can get any 42"tv what you can hook up to any computer .. with a 640x800 res . set you might have to up the res just because everything is to big ;)

also its way cheaper and easier to use a magnify-ing lens in front of the screen .. than buy a special mouse.

You're thinking of microfilm.... I actually had to use those once in college about 6 years ago lol

Yeah when it catches up to this decade and stops using RCA cables to transmit the image :)

LOL, i totally missed that@ I saw it, but didn't think any of it. :p

Yeah, you are right....

But it has nothing to do with this device or any discussion on it's usefulness.

i am wondering what other features can make this one a new design now that key shortcuts can reach the same result.

the mouse the dude "recommends" is a total bust.. (and he even defends it)

1) if you are visualy impared .. you use a big screen, and learn the accessibility keys ..

So if you can get any 42"tv what you can hook up to any computer .. with a 640x800 res . set you might have to up the res just because everything is to big ;)

also its way cheaper and easier to use a magnify-ing lens in front of the screen .. than buy a special mouse.

This has NOTHING to do with magnifying what is on the screen. The device isn't a mouse at all. It's got an optic sensor on the bottom that magnifies whatever the device is sitting on and then displays it on screen.

I don't think it's very useful personally but if you are going to "bust" on something at least take a second to find out what it is.

Guys, this is obviously something that magnifies the image that the mouse is placed on using built in optics and then displays it on the monitor.

That being said I don't know why anyone use it... it doesn't function as a mouse and the connector is RCA.... you couldn't even use it on most monitors unless you went through the video in of a tuner card and then output to monitor; but who wants to go through all that shit.
Tell you what that would be handy for:

Heads-up digitization of maps or old engineering drawings.

I dunno, I think that would be better done on a scanner or a device that can send the information to a computer.

There are situations where that doesn't work so hot, in the geography realm. In those situations, the tool that was used in the past looked an awful lot like what the OP describes, except it just had a little window with a crosshair, instead of a camera. That was called head-down digitizing, because you had to look down at the map.

There are situations where that doesn't work so hot, in the geography realm. In those situations, the tool that was used in the past looked an awful lot like what the OP describes, except it just had a little window with a crosshair, instead of a camera. That was called head-down digitizing, because you had to look down at the map.

:confused: a kind of magnifying glass? i have no idea about it?

Back