Disable Legacy USB?

2k3eblade

Gawd
Hi guys. I have a small issue I just worked out. It seems my Microsoft X6 keyboard and Logitech G5 mouse do not work during POST until I disable legacy usb in the BIOS. My understanding is this should be the other way around. If I disable legacy usb, my usb peripherals should not function during POST, MS-DOS utilis and non windows modes. Furthermore, I had a Logitech G11 keyboard and MX518 mouse running on this rig that ran with the BIOS setting enabled. I should probably test the old setup on disabled and see what are the results. But I no longer have the keyboard, however I still have the mouse somewhere. Maybe because the newer keyboard and mouse are not considered legacy? I know it is not a big issue but I am curious to why this is the fact. Any clues would be much appreciated :)

its possible.. but thats odd.. ive never seen that before.. my bios on my board has a separate option though for keyboard/mouse support on boot along with a legacy usb option..

I just worked on a friend's build that was running an Intel P45 chipset (Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3LR) and it had the options to support usb keyboard/mouse and an option to enable legacy usb storage boot. I guess MSI left out some options in this respect.

Back