Diamond 7970 $470 on Newegg

but its a diamond, lol. once asus, gigabyte, XFX go to 470 dollars then you can say its official. :D

.... but it's still reference. Is Diamond really that bad with warranty and cust service?

.... but it's still reference. Is Diamond really that bad with warranty and cust service?

they are trying to fix their image but yeah they will never break out of the shitty customer service and warranty service they have had for years. they are basically the ECS of the graphic card market.

Great news, but is way too high still IMO. Once 680s become more readily available people are not going to want to choose this to save $30.

Great news, but is way too high still IMO. Once 680s become more readily available people are not going to want to choose this to save $30.

all depends on how long thats going to take. but its also going to depend on what the prices end up being on the custom cards as well.

Only if someone wants to run the cards stock. Once O/C'd performance is about the same depending on game, and you get a beefier card (not a dual 6pin midrange design) and an extra gig of RAM and save $30. That's assuming you'll be able to get a 680 at MSRP. Plus, who knows when 680's will be readily available? We assume it'll be soon, but I haven't heard anything that says nVidia's yields are now fine.

I personally love the extra gig of ram and I prefer the two displayport connections. My 7970 easily hit 1200/1750 with 1.2v

Back