Diablo 2 goes slow with two 7950GX2s?

Bop

2[H]4U
I started playing Diablo 2 for old time's sake and I'm loving it more than ever. My game really bogs down in intense fights though.

My GeForce 1,2,3 and 9800 Pro ran it better. Maybe that could explain why the 7900 series nVidia cards suck at outdoor scenes in Oblivion with the grass cranked up, nVidia cards seem to slow down with 3D sprites.

Is there any reason why?

Try using a different render mode.

Although I think D2 only lets you choose that during the installation.

nah i get the same...with a 7900GT. .. its just so much on the screen at once...try using 2d mode...but i think its more of the game having so much...

u can have it detect render mode.. then at the end it recommends but u can choose

I'm using Direct3d, the thing is something like the 7950 should SMOKE this game. It is 6 years old and only runs at 800x600 with sprites. :(

Meh D2 wasn't built very well. If you're wondering why they began introducing timers to intensive spells (FO or Firewall), that answer lies in the inability of the engine.

I used to always run this in 2D...and 3D is only really necessary if you want perspective, though some colors are brought out more in 3D. Still, other than looking out from the top of the wintery mountain in ActV...i don't really see a reason to turn on perspective.

Regardless, this game ran well even on my G400 (Matrox), so the introduction of stronger cards, unfortunately, does not help it in the slightest.

It isn't your video cards, It is D2. Especially if you play on battle.net you will get even more lag. The game is built bad simple as that summons and anything bone will lag you right out no matter what cards you have.

East is for noobs ;) jk but west rocks

Troney1169 said:
It isn't your video cards, It is D2. Especially if you play on battle.net you will get even more lag. The game is built bad simple as that summons and anything bone will lag you right out no matter what cards you have.

East is for noobs ;) jk but west rocks
Hell Yeah. West for LIFE.

Bop said:
I'm using Direct3d, the thing is something like the 7950 should SMOKE this game. It is 6 years old and only runs at 800x600 with sprites. :(
Starcraft runs fine on my 7900GTX (I have SLI but what do sprites get out of that? NOTHING....) Try 2D mode.

Back