Destiny - Discussion Thread

Damn, I'm guessing its probably over now?

No idea! I'll find out when I go home tonight. I'm guessing it will still be available. However, there was an exploit to get extra treasure loots that I don't feel will be around very much longer.

Surprisingly small amount of useful HoW information on Reddit compared to how it was for the last expansion. I think that place is officially dead to me now.

Surprisingly small amount of useful HoW information on Reddit compared to how it was for the last expansion. I think that place is officially dead to me now.

If you think that is bad, you should check out the Hearthstone sub reddit where people make the same jokes for 4 months straight while constantly up voting each other.

So for someone who hasnt played since well before the first expansion came out and got to like light level 25 whats the best way to progress?

Vlad, if you have any exotic (yellow) armor, you can ascend them to max light level with an exotic shard and glimmer. You will need drops to upgrade legendary (purple) gear. You will be able to buy vendor gear to get you to 32, need dropped items to upgrade past that. So, equip one exotic armor slot, vendor gear the rest to start at 32, then hope RNGesus is kind to you.

So for someone who hasnt played since well before the first expansion came out and got to like light level 25 whats the best way to progress?

The slower but guaranteed way would be to pick a faction, get to level 3 and grind out marks to buy legendary gear from the faction vendors. I would suggest Vanguard, but this may have changed with the updated since I'm not sure what vendors have at the moment. This would get you to 31ish in a week or two. Running the ROC strike playlist will get your marks and items.

Another option is to farm the chests from the wolf public events, assuming they are still around and hope you get lucky on a few legendary armor pieces. Each chest is a guaranteed rare or better engram and some other materials.

When you get to level 30ish you can start running raids, Nightfalls, Prison Of Elders to get the top end gear.

The events that pop the chest everyone was farming are still happening since they are new bounties , Keys open chest in prison of elders. Faction gear will get you to 32. Do the weekly heroics at max they are 32 now get your max 9 strange coins per character do the new story the new side arm is one mean little mother and is a story reward. If you have exotics and exotic shards asend the good ones. First ones i did were mida and ice breaker.

So apparently you don't get one free treasure key per week. You get one for doing the quests and then after that it's up to RNG. The chance at exotics in HoW is now directly tied to how long you spend farming keys.

The slower but guaranteed way would be to pick a faction, get to level 3 and grind out marks to buy legendary gear from the faction vendors. I would suggest Vanguard, but this may have changed with the updated since I'm not sure what vendors have at the moment. This would get you to 31ish in a week or two. Running the ROC strike playlist will get your marks and items.

Another option is to farm the chests from the wolf public events, assuming they are still around and hope you get lucky on a few legendary armor pieces. Each chest is a guaranteed rare or better engram and some other materials.

When you get to level 30ish you can start running raids, Nightfalls, Prison Of Elders to get the top end gear.

whelp thanks for the info but all you really did was remind me why i stopped playing before the first xpac even dropped

whelp thanks for the info but all you really did was remind me why i stopped playing before the first xpac even dropped

It sounds worse than it is, a few play sessions should get you enough marks to get a new armor piece assuming you have leveled up your vanguard rank. I put the week qualifier in there because you can only get up to 100 marks a week and need more than that to buy a full set of level 32 armor.

But if you don't enjoy running strikes or raids to get stuff then this probably isn't the game for you.

Last edited:
I got all excited yesterday when I played the first nightfall and got a 42 light boots with the ability to unlock a third jump for double jump for hunters. Then I realized that you can unlock any exotic armor to 42 with just armor materials with an exotic shard and I wasn't so excited anymore. My second and third nightfalls were simply a legendary rocket launcher and a legendary armor at 36 light. I would need upgrade mats to take that to 42 anyway, just like I would any other piece of 36 light gear.

My buddy, on the other hand, came up with a Ghorn (his second), an etheric light, and then *another* etheric light. So jealous!

Prison of Elders on level 28 (everyone has to do this before they can access the 32, 34, or 35 versions) yielded a universal remote and another purple gun with the treasure key. PoE was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to doing it on the higher levels.

Last edited:

its not to bad, I had 200 marks before xpac hit so I was able to buy 2 new armor pieces as soon as xpac was released. between that and ascending my exotic I went from lv 30 to 3/4 way to lv 32 instantly. 17 more crucable marks and I will have enough to buy a third armor piece and hit lv 32 with less than an hour playtime in the xpac lol.

its not to bad, I had 200 marks before xpac hit so I was able to buy 2 new armor pieces as soon as xpac was released. between that and ascending my exotic I went from lv 30 to 3/4 way to lv 32 instantly. 17 more crucable marks and I will have enough to buy a third armor piece and hit lv 32 with less than an hour playtime in the xpac lol.

Yeah, getting to 32 now is trivial because of the vendors; you don't need to get a raid group together to help you pick up radiant shards for the 31 to 32 grind. I think it was like this with the first expansion... it made it trivial to get to level 31 whereas it used to be a grind to get even to level 30. I didn't play until post-first DLC, but that's what I've gathered.

Will be nice, play a bit tonight to hit 32 and then I can work on my missions then do nightfalls and poe. Im pretty stoked for poe

Last edited:
RBMpW65l.jpg

Woo!

Nice! First thing i ascended was mida and icebreaker. Gotta get some exotic shards Friday. Been sitting on hundreds of motes and strange coins. Been using mostly arc weapons oversoul, new side arm and thunderlord. Found my warlock voidwalker with obsidian mind to be my most powerful mob crusher. But my titan with saint helm and weapons of light is pretty handy in a jam. Trying to run all my characters thru everything. Gonna jump in prison of elders tomorrow , got 10 keys to use.

Not going to hardcore the game like I did before. Casually playing this and playing other games, lol.

^. I keep telling myself that but i can't until i get a Gjallarhorn. My son taunts me with his freshly ascended one.

365 Gjally is ridiculous..

Source: Me.

Yep. Even at level 32 the dmg seems to be pretty ridic (the 365 version).

HisSvt76, I know the feels. I was playing the game for a while to get hawkmoon and just stopped like 3 months ago and gave up on that, haha. If I get it, I'll get it. Though Gjallarhorn is so good for PvE, I wanted hawkmoon for some godly pvp.

My girlfriend bought a 3D printed hawkmoon and then etched the feathers in and painted it for her queen of the reef cosplay...

the gun in game though is pretty cool, it's top 10 for me I'd say.

Fatebringer
Gjally
VoC
Ice Breaker
Hawkmoon
Vestian Dynasty
Praetorian Foil
some other stuff, I don't know..

RNG hates me its official. Now i can't complain to much i got some better roles on helm i wanted but i didn't get any new ones. My son comes home 3 exotic helm engrams and he gets the ram and 2 other new ones he didn't have. He also got the new hunter gauntlet Khepris sting.

Did ascend all my exotics though and ran prison of elders and i got... a red death(shard) her right hand-AR, desd shot luna sr1-scout, bunch of other new scout pulse, heavy machines void and arc on the up side i have 9 more keys

Last edited:
RNG hates me its official. Now i can't complain to much i got some better roles on helm i wanted but i didn't get any new ones. My son comes home 3 exotic helm engrams and he gets the ram and 2 other new ones he didn't have. He also got the new hunter gauntlet Khepris sting.

Did ascend all my exotics though and ran prison of elders and i got... a red death(shard) her right hand-AR, desd shot luna sr1-scout, bunch of other new scout pulse, heavy machines void and arc on the up side i have 9 more keys

RNG has always been good to me until this expansion. No etheric lights across 3 nightfalls and 6 treasure loots, 3 on 28 and 3 on 32.

Before the expansion, I had 11 out of the 12 available exotic helms. Eight helm exotic engrams yielded me two of the skull helms (the last of the 12 I needed), 4 repeats, and 2 of the new DLC hunter helms.

At least I got my 5th gally on one of the treasure key loots (sacrasm). Hoping to run the level 34 PoE with 2 others tonight.

My girlfriend bought a 3D printed hawkmoon and then etched the feathers in and painted it for her queen of the reef cosplay...

the gun in game though is pretty cool, it's top 10 for me I'd say.

Fatebringer
Gjally
VoC
Ice Breaker
Hawkmoon
Vestian Dynasty
Praetorian Foil
some other stuff, I don't know..

In terms of PvP I'd roll with a Hawkmoon then probably my Suros. Despite the nerfs I still perform superbly with it and is still my go to until I get a Hawkmoon.

I've got a hawkmoon and honesty I like my mida multitool or even badger ccl more for pvp. Pve hawkmoon is really effective though. Just the movement bonus and ttk on the mida just makes it very strong IMO

All of the exotic hand cannons are top tier in PVP. Thorn can kill in 2 headshots + DoT and denies shield regeneration while the DoT is active. Hawkmoon is anywhere from 1-3 headshots I believe, all depends where the 3 lucky bullets end up firing. The Last Word has one of the fastest TTK in close range.

Also Red Death is deadly post pulse rifle buff, I believe it kills in 2 bursts if you connect a couple headshots.

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and try the Trials of Osiris next weekend.

Ya that's my biggest gripe with hawkmoon is it's hugely rng. It might be 1 shot it could be 3, I would love to have red death but I was short coins when it was sold last lol. I have tlw and it defiantly rapes in close range but I prefer mid to long range so high impact pulse rifles, scouts and hand cannons are my play style.

Managed to get this game for $13 off amazon warehouse deals.

I know this crap has probably been repeated a thousand times by now but im going to spill my spaghetti anyways. What the hell happened to bungie? Christ this game is underwhelming. 12 hours to finish the 'story', there is so little incentive to keep playing, hell i got more play time out kz shadow falls single player. Why the hell is there no coop match making on any of the story mission? Why is there so little weapon variety in a game all about loot?

I even found the firefights extremely mediocre compared to stuff experienced in any of the halo games. There are so many bad design decisions, for example ever notice you have all these open planets yet any meaningful battle ends up taking you underground, cave or small room and has you fight in cramped spaces anyways? Also $40 for mediocre content expansions.... lol activision.

If i'm going to play a grindy coop game i'd rather just play warframe, way more abilities, weapons, classes and actually has coop for every mission with automatic matchmaking with players.

Managed to get this game for $13 off amazon warehouse deals.

I know this crap has probably been repeated a thousand times by now but im going to spill my spaghetti anyways. What the hell happened to bungie? Christ this game is underwhelming. 12 hours to finish the 'story', there is so little incentive to keep playing, hell i got more play time out kz shadow falls single player. Why the hell is there no coop match making on any of the story mission? Why is there so little weapon variety in a game all about loot?

I even found the firefights extremely mediocre compared to stuff experienced in any of the halo games. There are so many bad design decisions, for example ever notice you have all these open planets yet any meaningful battle ends up taking you underground, cave or small room and has you fight in cramped spaces anyways? Also $40 for mediocre content expansions.... lol activision.

If i'm going to play a grindy coop game i'd rather just play warframe, way more abilities, weapons, classes and actually has coop for every mission with automatic matchmaking with players.

Did you even bother to do any of the endgame activities? There is a ton of crap to do at max level right now: Strikes (dungeons), 2 Raids, Weekly Nightfall, Prison of Elders. Not to mention on the PvP side of things there are 2 events going on right now Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.

Yeah end game content is all the same junk with different names and maybe larger health bars. In those twelve hours i did 5 matches of pvp, doesn't interest me bought the game for coop anyways and did all the strikes on all the planets.

For Raids i would have to be bothered to grind and then find players lol so nope not doing that, i doubt they are impressive anyways with just stand here and protect ghost or slightly different boss variants and there is no way in hell am i purchasing the dlc.

For Raids i would have to be bothered to grind and then find players lol so nope not doing that, i doubt they are impressive anyways with just stand here and protect ghost or slightly different boss variants and there is no way in hell am i purchasing the dlc.

The Raids are significantly different than the Strikes, they are heavily focused on teamwork, problem solving and long drawn out battles.

but you clearly have a better understanding by never actually doing one, or even researching the tiniest amount about them :rolleyes:

Well if raids are amazing as you said they are maybe they should have included those mechanics in the base game because there is no way the game can hold my interest long enough to reach the raids.

Doesn't sound like you care for the game so this begs the question of "Why are you still posting in the thread?" Are you trying to rally people to your cause ala Spartacus or what?

Doesn't sound like you care for the game so this begs the question of "Why are you still posting in the thread?" Are you trying to rally people to your cause ala Spartacus or what?
I'm sorry you can't fathom how discussions work. I've only one post regarding my opinion on the game the rest have been responses. If you can't handle that I'm sure there is subreddit hug box to comfort you.

I'd hardly call anything involved with your posts a discussion. Your dislike of the game bleeds through each of your 4 posts in this thread so it's more inline with arguing with a wall. Pointless. I stand by my question. If you don't like the game, which clearly you don't, why are you bothering to continue posting in the thread? You don't like it. We get it. What else is there for you to add to the "discussion"?

Last edited:
I'd hardly call anything involved with your posts a discussion. Your dislike of the game bleeds through each of your 4 posts in this thread so it's more inline with arguing with a wall. Pointless. I stand by my question. If you don't like the game, which clearly you don't, why are you bothering to continue posting in the thread? You don't like it. We get it. What else is there for you to add to the "discussion"?

why are people so damn obnoxious when someone dislikes a game on this forum? Its in EVERY SINGLE THREAD if anyone posts ANYTHING negative about a game its seen as trolling and every single time answered with "so why are you posting here. God forbid anyone have their own damn opinion

Back