Dell 3007WFP-HC users please read (also HP LP3065, DoubleSight DS-305W, LG W3000H)

MetaGenie

Limp Gawd
Please visit this LCD test pattern page:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php
And tell me what you see when filling the screen with the "lagom lagom lagom" pattern.

Does the "lagom" nearly blend into the background? Is the pattern uniform across the screen or does it blend in some areas better than others?

My 3007WFP-HC is quite non-uniform when displaying the pattern:
Dell%203007WFP-HC%20gamma%20nonuniformity.jpg

I need to know if this is a widespread flaw of this panel, a defect of the 3007WFP-HC only, or a flaw in my particular copy of the monitor. Any responses would be quite helpful and appreciated. There is no need to post photos; a simple verbal description will be wonderful.

EDIT: link fixed

Last edited:
Sorry, I somehow managed to include the wrong link. It is fixed now, please try again.

I returned my 3007, so I can't test it on that pattern, but I don't need to, uniformity was terrible and it was obvious on almost any screen.

30" IPS seem to have the worse uniformity of any panels on the market.

I don't think I mind brightness non-uniformity too much, as long as it's not excessive. Snowdog, it sounds to me like your 3007 may've had worse uniformity than mine, because on my 3007WFP-HC the non-uniformity is pretty unobtrusive on a lot of screens.

What really bothers me is gamma non-uniformity. Without constant gamma over the screen, calibration would be pretty meaningless; no video card I'm aware of can do variable gamma correction over different parts of the display. You can only have one gamma ramp LUT (well, three, for RGB) that applies to the entire screen. The only 30" IPS I'm aware of that can correct for its non-uniformity is the NEC LCD3090WQXi, and I'm pretty sure it compensates for brightness and gamma non-uniformity at the same time, which reduces contrast ratio. What I'd like is to have the option of only compensating for the gamma non-uniformity, so that it will become a pure brightness non-uniformity that acts like mild vignetting, while maintaining the full contrast ratio the LCD is capable of.

My request is still open — anybody with a 30" LCD, please tell me what sort of uniformity and blending the "lagom lagom lagom" pattern has on your display.

Last edited:
I visited that site a few days ago but I don't recall the results of this test. I'll try to remember to do it again when I get home.

I just see the Lagom text.. looks fine for me.

The second test I see the Lagom off to both side and almost a brighter O in the middle, since I can still easily see the Lagom in the middle.. does that make sense to you?

Hope this helps

I just see the Lagom text.. looks fine for me.
Okay I should have been more specific.

Please state which monitor you're looking at the test on. And the full-screen "lagom lagom lagom" test is the only one I'm interested in right now. The "lagom" text is supposed to blend perfectly into the background everywhere on screen when viewed from an adequate distance. If it blends in some places and doesn't in others — or, if it is darker against the background or brighter against it in some places — or if it looks exactly the same everywhere on the screen — that is what I want to know, please.

Same monitor(3007WFP-HC), same result.

It honestly doesn't bother me because this "test" is the only time I've EVER noticed anything like this.

I get lighter lagoms in the top center and darker lagoms in the bottom corners.
Other than that, what Chilly said. I'm extremely pleased, except for the coating, regardless of this test.

That lagom test screen looks awful on a TN. It's so obvious you can see the color shifting and the letters. On the NEC 23" IPS, it is quite smooth and almost completely blended in. I suspect with larger IPS displays, the uniformity issue will be even bigger though.

On my 3008WFP, the image is slightly brighter at the top left and darker at the bottom left. Not a big issue though.. I don't notice it under normal usage conditions.

Back