Dell 3007WFP-HC or LG W3000H-BN?

Stongatola

n00b
Good evening...

First off, I'm in Canada, so my prices are going to be higher than what is listed in the US. I've been doing a lot of reading, and quite honestly, I'm not sure which monitor to get, either the Dell 3007WFP-HC or LG W3000H-BN. The cost of the HP is too high for me, and because of return policies/ crappy dead pixel policies at various stores (kills the Gateway), my choices are pretty much left to the two monitors above.

My primary use is PC gaming, to be honest. That said, though, I do some autocad work as well. I do not plan on using it as a TV, so multiple connection choices do not necessarily appeal to me right now. Over the holidays, I purchased the Samsung 2693HM 26" monitor, and at the distance I sit, I could see some shading in the corners because of the angle. That really didn't bother me much, but in playing a game like Fallout 3, I just couldn't handle the "blacks" showing up as "purple" in the dark areas. As such, I returned it.

Anyways, back on topic...while I am concerned with exteme lag, I'm a pretty sucky FPS gamer to begin with, so I could probably live with a little lag. As such, which of the two would I be better suited for gaming?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Both monitors should be almost identical in therms of lag.
(and the HP is the same as the 3007 only with more inputs, I personally got me the 3007 although the price was the same, only based on pixel warranty.)

The only difference between the 3007 and W3000H is that the LG uses a slightly newer revision of the panel with larger gamut and better standard color temperature. (same as the 3008)

Back