[DEAD]- LG 45" Ultragear™ QHD 5120x1440p 200Hz Curved - $549 at Amazon

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Limited time deal - lowest price for this monitor so far. I almost pulled the plug on this for $599 a month or two ago but ended up going with the G9 for $799. At $549, I'm kind of kicking myself.
  • 45" 32:9 Dual QHD display - Make room on your desktop for the massive 45” curved UltraGear QHD monitor with a 32:9 aspect ratio. Play, stream and create on a high refresh rate display, in vivid color, on one screen at the same time.
  • VESA DisplayHDR 600 with up to DCI-P3 95% - This UltraGear display supports up to 95% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, expressing high-fidelity color paired with VESA DisplayHDR 600 delivering dynamic contrast and brightness on the QHD display.
  • Picture in Picture / Picture by Picture - OnScreen Control supports both Picture-in-Picture (PiP) and Picture-by-Picture (PbP) allowing you to configure your monitor to show content from two separate input sources. Play, watch, stream or work from multiple input sources at the same time, on one screen.
  • 200Hz refresh rate, 1ms (GtG) response time - Gear up for smooth gameplay with a super responsive 200Hz display and a 1ms (GtG) response time. The faster speed lets you respond quickly to opponents and stay a step ahead of the competition.
  • DQHD@ 200Hz by DP, HDMI - Enjoy smoother, vivid colors and high-resolution graphics thanks to HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4. Both connections are supported on this display and let you experience up to 200Hz refresh rate.
  • AMD FreeSync Premium Pro - AMD FreeSync Premium Pro equips serious gamers with a fluid, virtually tear-free gaming experience. With at least 120hz refresh rate at minimum FHD resolution and low latency gameplay, you'll never miss a frame of the action as you play at peak performance.
  • Gamer-Centric Design - Your battlestation upgrade will be complete with the three-side, virtually borderless, display design and LED Hexagon backlighting. Plus, easily make height, tilt and swivel adjustments to the display to be able to see and play exactly to your specs.
  • 4-pole Headphone Jack & DTS HP:X - DTS Headphone:X provides accurate spatialization and localization in games for 3D audio over headphones. Supports channel-based, scene based, and object-based audio. Plus, a 4-pole headphone jack lets you carry a stereo headphone signal and mono microphone signal with common ground.
  • Enhanced Gaming GUI - Choose from a variety of modes including Gamer, FPS or RTS to optimize display settings for the best view possible.
Tom's Hardware also reviewed this monitor and gave it a solid rating.

1706236294462.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn, that is one WIDE boy!

Do most games even support that resolution or do you have to spend hours trying to manually configure the resolution? Don't get me wrong, it's a nice monitor for productivity but as far as gaming......

Damn, that is one WIDE boy!

Do most games even support that resolution or do you have to spend hours trying to manually configure the resolution? Don't get me wrong, it's a nice monitor for productivity but as far as gaming......
Gaming is awesome on 32:9 IMHO. I don't think I'll go back to 21:9.

So far the main games I've played with on my G9 do and don't support 32:9 off the bat
PUBG - Full support
Ark - full support
Hell let loose - full support
Forza 5 - Full support
Rainbow Six siege - no - 21:9 max
Counter strike 2 - full support
RDR 2 - Full support
GTA V - Full support
BF 1, V and 2042 - Full support
Civ 6 - full support

So far the main games I've played with on my G9 do and don't support 32:9 off the bat
PUBG - Full support
Ark - full support
Forza 5 - Full support
RDR 2 - Full support
GTA V - Full support
Civ 6 - full support
Wow, Forza or GTA have to be awesome on this--just like looking out the windshield! :jimlad:

Hardforum, reddit and discord mostly. How about you?
lol, I'm looking at PDFs all day long so being able to put 2x of them side by side on the same screen is useful, so 16:10 is critical (even 16:9 sucks). I also like my forums in a nice vertical format so I don't have to scroll, so 16:10 again there ftw. 2560x1600 on a 30" screen is nice.

PUBG - Full support
Ark - full support
Forza 5 - Full support
RDR 2 - Full support
GTA V - Full support
Civ 6 - full support
Well the thing is we can already do ultrawide and super ultra wide on our existing displays, but I never do because it's just missing too much vertical image. For me it's just a gimmick to slice my picture in half. I will always prefer a nice big 16.9 standard normal widescreen.

It is a VA monitor though. Not IPS or OLED so... yeah.

Although it claims to perform as a 200hz monitor you have to wonder if they've done something new to eliminate the typical ghosting issue of VA panel technology.

Odyssey G9 owner - I had the opposite experience. Other than Elite Dangerous, it was annoying and superfluous on every game I played, even those that natively supported supported the resolution. I can see this great for sims or certain niche games imo. Went to a 21:9 OLED and it's been great to move off of it.

I moved the G9 to my secondary PC for guests to play on. I will admit it's also pretty cool with Stardew Valley :D

Odyssey G9 owner - I had the opposite experience. Other than Elite Dangerous, it was annoying and superfluous on every game I played, even those that natively supported supported the resolution. I can see this great for sims or certain niche games imo. Went to a 21:9 OLED and it's been great to move off of it.
Could you elaborate? I'm curious. I saw a video recently of playing games on a super-wide monitor like that and it seemed very immersive.

That's what I was initially thinking until I ran the numbers--5120/2=2560 so it's like having two 2560x1440 monitors side by side without a bezel.
Yea but I have an old School Dell 20 inch in Portrait for a second screen along with my 27 1440P. Perfect setup. Just wish you could still get 16:10 with higher refresh rates. Going from 170 to 60 on the desktop... yea

Could you elaborate? I'm curious. I saw a video recently of playing games on a super-wide monitor like that and it seemed very immersive.
The main FPS game I played on it was CoD (Warzone2), and while it looked cool, it was tedious looking left/right and felt like it it gave me a disadvantage because of that more than anything. FOV felt wonky and unnatural too.

Elite Dangerous (which I enjoyed it on) didn't feel great with the FOV. It supports the resolution, but the edges were stretched quite a bit. Immersion was neat, but I also have a Quest 3 and VR immersion blows it out of the water in this game.

RDR2 was another game where I initially enjoyed it, but after the awe experience of a couple hours, it felt more of an annoyance nudging my head left and right at times. I actually switched to my 34" 21:9 halfway in the main story before I got my 45" 21:9. My problem could be that my viewing distance was too close. I can see how it looks cool watching videos of it, but the thing is so massive when you're sitting in front of it. It feels like you have a lot vertically chopped off of the game too for obvious reasons.

I do have a couple of friends that play racing sims on 32:9 and really enjoy it, although I have not yet experienced it.

Back