Das Keyboard right for me? Blue or Brown switches?

Das #2 showed up with the Cherry MX Blues. Now there's a bump and a click to let me know I've hit the key. I like it and will be keeping this one. The clicks are not as loud as some of the youtube videos indicated. So for me the Browns were almost too subtle, but the Blues are nice.

I've played some Stalker and Crysis with the game. The keyboard clicks are not enough to annoy me or take me out of the game. For what it's worth, my PC is maybe a bit on the loud side. I went with the upgraded Zalman performance fans and they create a dull roar in my room.

My wife, who is a writer and editor, got the Das with the Browns. She seems to be quite impressed by it.

Also, going from my glowing Saitek Eclipse, I've noticed that I'm not as good a touch typist as I thought. I love to play in a dark room, and it looks like I'll be needing some sort of USB LED keyboard light :)

dude congrats ha

i just ordered my blue from razer, led,usb ports, audio in out all in one

i guess u might want check this out

Can anyone here compare the ibm model m and the cherry blues??
I personally use a model m at work. Love the tactile feel, but I'm wondering how loud/quiet the blues are compared to the mm. Also how's the feel between the two?

dude congrats ha

i just ordered my blue from razer, led,usb ports, audio in out all in one

i guess u might want check this out

Yes, but then I'll have three keyboards in a house with only two PCs. That's insane! :)

I have a question about the DK. If you're not using the USB ports, do you need to plug in both USB connections, or is one sufficient for the keyboard?

For what it's worth, I took one of the USBs on the Das, put on the PS2 adapter, and plugged it in. I left the second USB from the keyboard hanging. It works fine. I never use keyboard USB ports...

I just bought the DAS Professional S Silent Keyboard yesterday from a retail store. I was using a logitech illuminated keyboard before so there is definitely a learning curve for me. Both are totally different keyboards so I really can't conclude which one is the better keyboard. Maybe it's still too early to make a conclusion since I just got the DAS.

I just bought the DAS Professional S Silent Keyboard yesterday from a retail store. I was using a logitech illuminated keyboard before so there is definitely a learning curve for me. Both are totally different keyboards so I really can't conclude which one is the better keyboard. Maybe it's still too early to make a conclusion since I just got the DAS.

Which retail store?

Still enjoying the Das with the Cherry Blues. Great for typing and gaming. The clickiness is so satisfying, yet not loud enough to be an issue for me.

Know how I mentioned that I miss the light up feature on my old Saitek Eclipse? Solved that problem last night. Was at the bookstore and saw this nice little clip-on LED book light for $10 or so. Like this, only mine is black-

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Light-Silver/dp/B000OOSDTW/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Clipped the base on the back of my keyboard tray and routed the snake neck out to hover over my Das. Now I can type better in the dark. :)

Two brightness modes, with low being just fine for a really dark room, and I like the look of the LED light. Uses AAA batteries- great for me as I have a ton of Eneloop rechargeables due to all the flashlights I own. I did mean to look into some sort of flexible USB LED light, but I'm happy with this.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good choice on the Das board. I'm trying to convince a co-worker to purchase one but he won't budge. :mad: He is a current student so the discount is def worth it. How do you like the glossy finish?

i'm using a das keyboard with blues + tritton AX pro headphones - which have no outside sound insulation.

I cannot hear the clicking with my headphones on low-moderate volume. I usually keep it quiet because i cant think with loud noises hahaha.

Hope this helps :)

------------
hahaha oops, didnt read it. Glad you're happy with the blues. I am too :D

Back