Darwin Machine

Blkout

2[H]4U
I don't know if this has been posted before but nothing turned up in a search for Darwin in this forum.

For those of you looking for something different. They're pricey though, not really my style but I'm sure someone will buy them for their unique style.

http://www.darwinmachine.com/products.htm

They look nice, It's like antec skeletons on crack. Price is a little out of this world but I wish they made an ITX.

I have a bunch of images saved from when this was first shown.

I wasn't aware that you could actually buy them, thanks for the link!

Oh, and there is a different ITX further down the page - the TYPE 339..

That's rediculous....I imagine there are quite a few people here that could make a case like that for about half the price or cheaper.

I have a bunch of images saved from when this was first shown.

I wasn't aware that you could actually buy them, thanks for the link!

Oh, and there is a different ITX further down the page - the TYPE 339..

Ah I missed that one. So 600 in parts.. so about 1400 in a computer case? For that? No thanks.

That's rediculous....I imagine there are quite a few people here that could make a case like that for about half the price or cheaper.

While that's probably true, 95% of the people here don't have the skill either.

The mini-ITX version is $2000 and only supports low profile graphics cards? And the price of the case is like $1000+ after you take away parts/labor?

This couldn't be any worse. Good luck to them!

I look at these as being in the same category as that Bugatti desk ($240K) from a while back - they are pieces of art that happen to also have a function. They're not trying to be compared to anything out there and probably will only sell the ones they've made as models for the website and perhaps a couple more.
I am definitely not in their target market, but I do find them attractive.

These are really attractive, funky rigs. I don't buy prebuilt and I couldn't afford one of these, but they're definitely nice.

It reminds me of a website I found online once that had all wood, glass and metal computers, really fancy hyper-expensive art design stuff with spherical frames and stuff. Probably cost like $20k for one of these... I can't find the website using google or I'd link it sry :(

Back