D-Tek FuZion Pro Mount bracket doesn't fit Asus P8Z77-V Delux

invalidbuffalo

Limp Gawd
I bought an LGA 1155 pro-mount from D-Tek so I could use my old fuzion block with my new 3570k upgrade. The problem is, there are threaded barrels on the backplate that are supposed to pass through the cpu cooler mounting holes, and they don't fit in the holes on my motherboard. I had some calipers handy and measured...the diameter of the barrels were .007" larger than the holes in the Asus. I contacted D-Tek customer support about the issue and have not heard back.

Should I:

a) Sand around the barrels on the backplate, or

b) Enlarge the holes on the board with a drill

or...?

Myui4XA.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely take drilling through the mobo off of your list. Probably one of the worst ideas ever, risking the warranty on one part due to an entirely different part not working as advertised.

I would probably buy a mounting bracket from another company with known good compatibility though; and attempt to return the Dtek one or have them send you a new/revised/whatever one.

send it back! although .007 is a pretty small amount, you might be able to open up the holes a little. I mean I don't think you can visually see .007. Is the mounting post in the bottom right of the picture crooked too?

Back