Crysis Single Player Demo

You can use keys to swap modes... double crouch = stealth, double sprint = speed, double jump = strength. Not sure what armor mode hotkey is though. And you can shoot while stealthed, but you drop the energy to 0 which sucks, it should just turn off stealth and enter armor mode instead.

If it turned off stealth automatically without power drain then stealth would become even more imbalanced.

Oh I do agree, I wish it would just switch right over... I found out the hotkeys just by messing around, they aren't listed anywhere afaik. You also have to turn them on in the options menu somewhere.

Also, is there anyway to get more ammo for the main gun? I just end up using it as a taser dart gun and using the AK or whatever you pickup as a main one... or dual pistols :D

Get ammo off Aztec. Then again, I killed everybody on the map with only my pistol.

Get ammo off Aztec. Then again, I killed everybody on the map with only my pistol.

Ammo off Aztec? How/when do you do that?

I played it 3 times so far, first time I used the main gun a bunch til it ran out of ammo.. second time I was pissed at how long it took to kill people when doing body shots so I just tasered / pistol to the face point blank, and 3rd time I used the ak or whatever from the bushes and snuck around a lot.

I was pissed at how long it took to kill people when doing body shots so I just tasered / pistol to the face point blank, and 3rd time I used the ak or whatever from the bushes and snuck around a lot.

Save your primary gun for backup, grab the first enemy gun you can, and then clean up the dead guy's ammo to replenish, you will have plenty of bullets that way. And then grab a shottie as soon as you kill the first enemy with that, and drop your default gun that you started with. The dual pistols rock when in close quarters.

When you are shooting at medium to long distance, do not use a silencer, use the suit "power" mode to steady aim and lay prone, and you can drop those dudes with 1-4 shots, depending on where you hit them. Use single shot mode as well, auto wastes ammo.

Save your primary gun for backup, grab the first enemy gun you can, and then clean up the dead guy's ammo to replenish, you will have plenty of bullets that way. And then grab a shottie as soon as you kill the first enemy with that, and drop your default gun that you started with. The dual pistols rock when in close quarters.

When you are shooting at medium to long distance, do not use a silencer, use the suit "power" mode to steady aim and lay prone, and you can drop those dudes with 1-4 shots, depending on where you hit them. Use single shot mode as well, auto wastes ammo.

Oh I had no problem running out of ammo when using their guns, hell most of the time I was full and would only use a single clip for a whole group of guys... just wondering how to get more ammo for the main (starting) gun since I liked it more :p

Strength mode helps remove the swaying? Interesting...

I do like how open the game is, each time I played the demo it was a totally different experience just based on how I got to the areas.

Oh I had no problem running out of ammo when using their guns, hell most of the time I was full and would only use a single clip for a whole group of guys... just wondering how to get more ammo for the main (starting) gun since I liked it more :p

Strength mode helps remove the swaying? Interesting...

I do like how open the game is, each time I played the demo it was a totally different experience just based on how I got to the areas.

Which is why non-linear gameplay, is so awesome! This game rpcks so much and the graphics are just beautiful. It's near photo realistic. It's been everything I hope for and more. The wild life in the island, the little details like footsteps on wet sand, the possibility to go to any seat in a vehicle, the water and waves, the railing system for the guns...I could go on and on.
This game surely sets some very high standards, for future games. From this point on, it's going to be hard not to say "Nah, Crysis did it better..." :)

...they made the 'Mouse Wheel' button the key that activates the nanosuit, but it is very difficult...
I think this might depend on your mouse too. The G5 rev 2 had such a high mouse 3 that I found using Firefox uncomfortable. I'm on an MX518 now, but a few reviews really liked the MS Sidewinder's wheel. Overall, mouse 3 for suit modes feels quite intuitive IMO.

...Now i just hope they get voip setup right, not like TF2 which voip is horrendous with my x-fi.
Do you mean problems w/ the mic being to low volume? I'm going through that right now and it's driving me nuts. Creative threw out a new driver @ the beginning of the month, but it got pulled when users started reporting BSOD's w/ it. Their official forums indicate the mic's better, but user of Alchemy (and perhaps 4GB) deal w/ crashes.

...I have an X-Fi with my Z5500 speakers, and the positioning is awesome - it puts you right in the center of the action. Amazing.
Hearing grass move as you walk past or any number of random wild life makes it feel so much more immersive. I need to get some cables for my rear Klipsch 4.1's. Playing this in the front room w/ 5.1 really showed off the audio detail. But it's not quite as comfy as the desktop monitor, proper table and chair setup for FPS.

Are any of you able to enable surround sound? I didn't even see many sound options?
It's probably automatic based on your settings. I had surround sound just by changing settings in my X-Fi's audio console (which also changed Vista's config).

I make sure to exit the game back to the desktop completely though just to be sure...Postprocessing at Medium is my preffered setting.
I noticed this going from Very High to High w/ very little if any perf increase. Thanks for the PP tip, I'll try that later. I did notice lowering res/settings improved the lag dramatically. And actually running in DX9 mode vs DX10 w/ same settings felt "snappier" w/ the mouse.

Look what happened when I grabbed a Korean, his body disappeared, but his eyeballs and equipment stayed!
This happened to me too. I've noticed bodies disappearing a bit too quickly. I want them to stay there! It makes finding there guns more difficult. :(

Set it to the low spread ammo (X) and you can 1-2 shot kill enemies from 20ft.
Didn't realize the shottie had an alt fire, nice. I've found binding X to melee and mouse 4 (forward side button) to change fire works better when I'm under pressure.

I'll take my lcd anyway over a junker CRT...the suit menu is a breeze, I have mine bound to my middle mouse button
Agree on both counts. I finally convinced a friend of mine to ditch his CRT for a Samsung 205(206?)BW and he's never been happier. Not to mention, we don't get the LAN party foul stare down that comes w/ a CRT, oversized and underperforming external H2O, or worse...dual CRT's.
:eek:

...double crouch = stealth, double sprint = speed, double jump = strength.
Awesome! Thanks!

anyone use the TAC gun yet?
What/where is this?

When you are shooting at medium to long distance, do not use a silencer, use the suit "power" mode to steady aim and lay prone...
Keep the tips coming guys!!

Which is why non-linear gameplay, is so awesome!
Being able to go @ it from so many angles has caused me to play this demo 1x on hard and 1x on delta. But I've reloaded a few saves just to see what could be done. :D I'm def a fan of Maximum Strength, toss fire barrel, shoot w/ pistol, enjoy. I bet we could throw some chickens into the mix for Maximum Hilarity.

EDIT: clearly, I got a little multi quote happy...sorry ;)

I think you can only get the TAC gun if you add it into the level with the sandbox editor (install it from the crysis directory) I think you have to turn off UAC if you are in vista for it to install.. no admin option (wtf??)

Are they planning on a post-release demo, or is this as good as it's going to get in terms of optimization and bugs?

Ammo off Aztec? How/when do you do that?

I played it 3 times so far, first time I used the main gun a bunch til it ran out of ammo.. second time I was pissed at how long it took to kill people when doing body shots so I just tasered / pistol to the face point blank, and 3rd time I used the ak or whatever from the bushes and snuck around a lot.

You can get ammo from Aztec when he dies. After you find him hanging in a tree, you'll hear the team leader say something like "Take care of his equipment". You can then pick his weapon off the ground, giving you more ammo for you starting gun.

You can get ammo from Aztec when he dies. After you find him hanging in a tree, you'll hear the team leader say something like "Take care of his equipment". You can then pick his weapon off the ground, giving you more ammo for you starting gun.

Oh lol, I skipped the rest of that cutscene the 2nd and 3rd time I played through but I do remember him saying that now... guess I should have looked around for it :p Thanks :)

Oh lol, I skipped the rest of that cutscene the 2nd and 3rd time I played through but I do remember him saying that now... guess I should have looked around for it :p Thanks :)

Yeah, I didn't figure it out till the third time through ( I like this demo way too much). I think I was trying to strangle dead bodies or something :D when I accidentally stumbled over it and saw the little "PIck up SCAR" message on the screen.

This demo is awesome, tough call between this and COD 4 for the best demo out yet.

This is a bizarre issue:

I installed the demo, worked fine. Then I went to try DX 9 via Vista Games Explorer, worked fine. When I go back in to the DX10 version, my menu freezes and I cannont click anything. I need to alt-tab and force "CryEngine2" to force quit. Anyone else get this?

Hardware in sig.

This demo was really really fun to play. I tried delta and man those baddies have some good aim. I am running vista 32-bit and it ran pretty well on High@ 1680x1050. I did have one lockup where I had to power down my system but other than that it was fine.

Neo

absolutely. both demos are great and both are must buy games.
But I only played the COD4 demo once and uninstalled. I've gone through the Crysis demo 2x and spent about 5 hours messing around @ different saves. And of course there's the map editor to go through still...

But I only played the COD4 demo once and uninstalled. I've gone through the Crysis demo 2x and spent about 5 hours messing around @ different saves. And of course there's the map editor to go through still...

well that's just crazy :p

since the crysis demo is not exactly as linear as the COD4 demo it does have more replay value. even with COD4's linear style i still played through the demo several times. i'm just as excited for COD4 as i am Crysis.

Is there a performance increase in using vista 64bit instead of 32bit?

Is there a performance increase in using vista 64bit instead of 32bit?

I played in XP and Vista 64 bit......dont have Vista 32 bit installed.
I my humble opinion they were very close to the same......but for some reason I cant explain, Vista "looked" a bit prettier and the sound was much better......I'm still working on getting my demo to play DX10 in 64 bit......I have to use DX9 in both XP and Vista currently.......I used the FPS from the console and got roughly 27-30 FPS with everything on high in both OSs.

Crysis 64bit runs a lot better for me on XP on high compared to vista 32 bit high.

Ok....so something not talked about too much anywhere is bugging me. Yes People have mentioned it, but noone has taken the step to say something may be wrong.

I have seen people say their CPU usage is 60-80% over 2 cores(and running the game smooth - subjective), or even 4 cores while playing...I myself never see more than 25-40% over my 2 with most of the game running at 8-15%( and I get less than stellar fps). While I realize, according to the devs, this game only offloads AI, physics to the CPU, I feel there are PLENTY of fps to be had if the engine was properly utilizing the cores.

I mean stick a 8800GTS in a AMD 3800+ x2 and compare it to a Core2 E6600 while playing any game that uses 80% cpu usage and you are going to see a big difference.
I realize I am generalizing as it takes more than usage to determine that answer, a lot more...but it just seems silly to use only 8-15% of a CPU power.

I would like to see some usage scores and fps scores of various setups/OS cuz I should be able to play this game on my sys better than what I am currently getting due to CPU limits.

Intel Core 2 duo [email protected]
EVGA 8800GTS 640 540/1000
2GB OCZ 800-5-5-5-12
getting like 15 fps at 1680x1050 everything on high in Vista 32-bit. I play at a different res to get 25 fps but I was expecting around 30fps at that res personally, even for this game which is gorgeous of course.

I think the cpu % is based on the the game not needing more, so higher clocked people will see less usage than slower clocked?

eg: If I'm @ stock I might see 60% usage, but when I OC to 3ghz it drops down to 45%?

Dunno just a theory, as I saw a test that did cpu scaling, and anything over 2ghz (up to 3ghz) I think was enough, but 1.6ghz dropped fps a bit.

You know one thing I miss from Far Cry....bodies dont pour blood into the ocean like they used to =/ AND they took out bullet holes in the bodies. It was kind of cool to see where you shot someone.

I currently have XP installed on my machine and Crysis is running flawless at 1680x1050 with everything on high and 4xAA. I have a copy of Vista that I had installed on my machine after it first came out, it caused me a few issues so I reverted back to XP.

The reason I ask which one it runs better on is because I currently have 4GB of RAM in my system. Under XP it only shows up as 2GB flat and in Vista is showed up as 3.2GB. I know there was a patch for Vista to allow more RAM in games and with there being a whole 1.2GB extra showing up in Vista, wouldn't that allow the game to run with a full 2GB dedicated to the game? What do you guys think?

I feel like the incredible hulk when I jump on top of a building and punch a hole through the roof. Then I go on to punching the walls and supports out until the building falls to the ground. Why? Because I can.

I feel like the incredible hulk when I jump on top of a building and punch a hole through the roof. Then I go on to punching the walls and supports out until the building falls to the ground. Why? Because I can.

Now if only we had unlimited suit energy...

Throwing a drill press and knocking over trees never gets boring!

grabbed some crazy korean by the neck, put it on strength mode and ran up to the top of the cliff and threw him off...he landed dead in the middle of one of the large buildings and collapsed the hole thing.

too much fun

grabbed some crazy korean by the neck, put it on strength mode and ran up to the top of the cliff and threw him off...he landed dead in the middle of one of the large buildings and collapsed the hole thing.

too much fun

How do you grab enemies by the neck? I must have missed something obvious....

lmao....so true. destroying stuff in this game is fun as hell.

Tried that mod to get very high settings. Looks a bit better. But fps went way down.

crysis6.jpg

crysis7.jpg

How to run vista 64 bit version:

"After much messing about in the very early hours of the morning, I finally worked out why the 64-bit version of Crysis would not run. For some reason in the Nvidia control panel when the V-Sync option is set to "Use the 3D application setting" and the Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration setting on "Multiple display performance mode" the 64-bit version would instantly lock up. Changing these settings to “Force On” and “Single display performance” allowed us to finally run the 64-bit version. The results were quite good..."

After installing the new nvidia drivers, I got a chance to play a bit before work. Since my 360 gamepad is connected to one of the ports on my G15. I was surprised to find out Crysis has native support for the 360 controller (not that I would use it for FPS games) The in game text prompts to access the objectives, crouch, zoom etc were translated for the 360 gamepad.

now this PISSES me off

DX10_High.png

The 8800gt (512mb) beats my 8800gts (640mb) how is this possible? the 8800gts is almost $100 more...

now this PISSES me off

DX10_High.png

The 8800gt (512mb) beats my 8800gts (640mb) how is this possible? the 8800gts is almost $100 more...

go read one of the many threads discussing this topic in the video card forum. I'm in the same boat - just bought my card a couple months ago. just the way it is...better stuff comes out and the never ending upgrade cycle repeats.

Back