Crucial M4 firmware update to 0009

Here mine after 0009 on Intel RST, sorry no 0002 flashed it from new,

crucialm4genezi52500kas.png

crucialm4genezi52500k3r.png

Definitely the best all around SSD you can buy. Will be getting one on the next egg special.

Got a 256GB Crucial M4 to replace 2 dead OCZ Agility 3s in a row on Sandy Bridge. Definitely preferring this.

I have a feeling this is a very newb question, but here it is.

I'm about to put together a complete new build tomorrow. Plan on using the 128gb M4 as my OS drive running Win7 home 64bit.

Should I plug it in and update the firmware now on my current machine that is running XP before I install the M4 in my new build, or should I build the new rig, install Win7 and then update the firmware?

Thanks [H]!

Should I plug it in and update the firmware now on my current machine that is running XP before I install the M4 in my new build, or should I build the new rig, install Win7 and then update the firmware?
Burn a CD with the firmware (and follow the instructions on crucial website), build the new PC, before installing windows change the Sata to IDE or Legacy (change boot priority so you boot form the CD), and flash the M4, reboot and enter bios, change it to Sata to AHCI and now just install windows7, thats what i what i did.

Burn a CD with the firmware (and follow the instructions on crucial website), build the new PC, before installing windows change the Sata to IDE or Legacy (change boot priority so you boot form the CD), and flash the M4, reboot and enter bios, change it to Sata to AHCI and now just install windows7, thats what i what i did.
Sounds simple enough. Thanks alot!!!

I'm assuming I can burn it to a DVDR rather than a CD?

By the way, the new build will be with this ASUS P8Z68-V Pro mobo. Not sure if that was important to know to properly answer my original question.

Hey your sig is very close to mine (same ssd/proc/mobo).

You have any mouse stuttering on your M4? I don't generally get full system freezes, but I'm getting these mouse pauses intermittently that are annoying as hell. Mouse won't move for 2-3 secs or will just stutter as I try to do anything.

I'm having the same mouse stuttering as you and I also have the Crucial M4 Solid State Drive and the same Logitech Wireless Mouse. BTW I notice in your sig you have the Asus P8z68 Deluxe. I have the same motherboard, I'm just wondering if there's a connection between the Crucial M4, Asus P8z68 Deluxe Motherboard, and the Logitech Wireless Mouse and the mouse stuttering.

Small bit of a thread necro here, but I was unable to find an answer on google. If i already have data on the drive, will updating the SSD firmware blow away all of my data or will it still be there?

The crucial website says this, which leads me to believe I won't lose my data unless theres a power issue during the update.
Crucial Website said:
WARNING: The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before initiating the update process be sure to backup or make copies of all important files. If the firmware process is interrupted your solid-state drive may not function properly.

Thanks!

These come with 0009 now. I bought a 256 last week and it says 0009 printed on the back of the drive.

That's even better, I'll have to check what i have on it when i get home. I wish i did prior to installing everything -_-

Thanks!

Back