Corsair Scimitar RGB Gaming Mouse

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a mouse with a lot of buttons? Legit Reviews says the Corsair Scimitar RGB is a decent choice.

It's been a while since we last took a look at a so-called MMO gaming mouse and though the glory days of MMORPGs have past, there is still life in some of the largest MMOs out there. World of Warcraft's reported 5.6 million subscriptions from this past August is still impressive which goes to show that MMO mice are still relevant.

Cos RGB meecies are betterer.

What kind of desperation makes you name a mouse RGB?

I swear mouse makers really need to think outside the box a little bit. Instead of trying something new (like having additional buttons for your other two fingers) they just stack dozens of tiny buttons on the side or on top of the left click.

Cos RGB meecies are betterer.

What kind of desperation makes you name a mouse RGB?

Because it has one or more RGB LEDs in it for software controlled lighting effects.

This same 'desperation' (read, it actually describes a FEATURE of the product) is what caused them to put 'RGB' in the name of the K65 RGB, K70 RGB, K95 RGB, and Strafe RGB keyboards.

Imagine that!

Soz for my post, it was after some beer.
I cant explain it myself.

I'm generally a fan of the "lots of buttons MMO" style mice and have used many of them over the years. I've been wondering when Corsair would come up with a successor to their M90/M95 MMO mouse, but I'm kind of disappointed in the implementation. The RGB part is great - everyone likes configuring their mice for backighting and whatnot. However, what gets me is the layout of the buttons!

I'm rather disappointed that Corsair dispensed with the layout of the M95 of the past and instead moved to this "grid" of buttons. I've used a variety of MMO type mice (Razer Naga, SteelSeries WoW mice, Corsair M95, Logitech etc..) and one thing I really think that put the M95 above the rest was that they did NOT use the "thumb grid" button layout but instead had a completely different design that remembered a very important thing - having a "blank space" at the center of it all for your thumb! That "blank" space made it easy to grip the mouse , lift it etc...without having to fear of hitting a button when you didn't wish it. What's more, every button around that blank space was shaped differently, so you could always know by feel alone (not just positioning) that you were hitting the right key. I consider it one of the nicest innovations Corsair made in MMO mousing layout, making it equally as viable for twitch gaming, web use, or MMO macro assignment. The Scimitar seems to dispense with this, with nowhere to rest your thumb. Too bad, at least for me.

I'd like to see an upgraded M95 with new hardware/layout (and preferably an open source utility for setting macro keys and the like), taking a page from Logitech' advances/hardware/software, but in the context of MMO style key layout

Last edited:
Back