Cops On The Hunt For Duplicitous iPlank Scammers

She's probably just unhappy it's not convincing enough to fool strangers into thinking she's cool when she gets it out in public.

On the bright side, she can use her new ipad to swat flies without breaking it, and she can use it by the pool without having to worry about getting it wet.

This story makes me angry at the buyer and the crooks at the same time. Not sure where to apply more anger to...

A Fed Ex box? Come on lady...really?

Why'd the crooks even bother to paint a piece of wood to look like an iPad? In case the mark opens the box to make sure the thing works?

Mark: "Well, the image looks a little grainy"
Crook: "That's cuz ya see, they just came off the assembly line, brand new. It'll be normal tomorrow. I promise" *shows off gold grill with a smile*
Mark: "Why did I just get a splinter?"
Crook: "Protective coating for the wifi" *smiles, more gold tooth action*

The balls it must take to pull this scam off. Hah.

This story makes me angry at the buyer and the crooks at the same time. Not sure where to apply more anger to...

A Fed Ex box? Come on lady...really?

Why'd the crooks even bother to paint a piece of wood to look like an iPad? In case the mark opens the box to make sure the thing works?

Mark: "Well, the image looks a little grainy"
Crook: "That's cuz ya see, they just came off the assembly line, brand new. It'll be normal tomorrow. I promise" *shows off gold grill with a smile*
Mark: "Why did I just get a splinter?"
Crook: "Protective coating for the wifi" *smiles, more gold tooth action*

The balls it must take to pull this scam off. Hah.

It's obvious why they painted it. To add insult to injury of course. :D

Such a beautiful things these scams are. Not so much in how they are ripping people off, but in that they really bring to the surface just how fucking stupid the average person is.

If you act like mindless sheep, you're going to be treated as such, and when the wolves come, you're up shit creek without so much as a spork.

Man, I remember people falling for the "oven Door" flatscreen TV deal.

Find a flat screen TV box in the parking lot, put an oven door in it, sell it for hundreds of dollars.
if the deal is too good to be true, likely it is.

Back