Clean Your Damn Computer: Keyboard Edition

Okay, I just blasted my keyboard out a couple days ago with a full can of air. But that picture sent me back with another full can just to be safe.

Ugh.

That was pretty nasty :(. I blow my keyboard out and tip it upside down all the time to keep it clean.

To be clear Steve, this wasn't mine keyboard. I found this on another forum where a member were complaining about his "sticky keys"

Now everybody thinks I have this disgusting keyboard :(
Having a hard time believing this. To be clear Jon855, you need to clean your shit, bro. :p

mine is super clean at home, but the one at work is horrible. i recently started at a new company and i tried to not touch it at all including the mouse and telephone. when I got a chance, I got a shitload of paper towels and alcohol to clean the damn thing. I didn't dare to turn it around because I bet the great Cuthulhu would awake and kill me in disgust with all the unnamed horrors living inside that keyboard. people who let their keyboards, mice, phones etc become that dirty and encrusted in filth probably also never clean their toilets, sink and bath tub either. no idea how anyone can be comfortable with using filthy things all day.

Okay, I just blasted my keyboard out a couple days ago with a full can of air. But that picture sent me back with another full can just to be safe.
I hope you occasionally clean it with rubbing alcohol.

C'mon John...show us the original link.

This guy has him "smoked"

So Jon855 is frickfrock99 over at OCN :eek:

:eek:

I guess now everybody thinks this is my keyboard. All I did was discover this picture and sent it to Steve...

For your benefit, here's the PM I sent to Steve.

Jon855 said:
Steve,

Know how we have these clean your rig pictures posted on the front page from time to time.

Look at this gem I found at a forum whom a guy whom were having issues with HIS KEYBOARD.

That's correct, it's not a "clean your rig" it's the keyboard!

Feel free to use this image (I warn you, it's pretty nasty)

(IMG REMOVED)

I guess now everybody thinks this is my keyboard.

I think most know that this isn't your keyboard. It's just that this is [H] and everyone is piling on at your expense. This place is a cruel world.

I guess now everybody thinks this is my keyboard. All I did was discover this picture and sent it to Steve...

For your benefit, here's the PM I sent to Steve.

I'm pretty sure they're just teasing you about that being your keyboard. I mean, I don't think that's yours! I know better!

OMG Jon's keyboard is so disgusting! :D

once I switched to mechanical, my keyboards have been pristine ever since :D

Could be worse, could be all over the top of the keyboard, which I have seen and wish that I didn't have to deal with. From what I can see I would say dried out rice, and cheese, with a slight coating of random crumbs.

Nasty!

It's believable though. Mine is probably just as bad if I was to remove the keys. I do tend to vacuum it though but not sure what good that really does. Last time I cleaned mine it was crumbs with cat hair acting as rebar to hold it all together.

What the hell is that stuff?
Easy, it's bath salts.
6N34723025.jpg

Those chip crumbs look like they are still good...anybody need a topping for their desert? :D

Back