Clash of Clans Maker Supercell Tests a New Game: Smash Land

Why do people spend so much money on mobile apps. I'm TH8 on CoC and haven't spent a dime.

after TH9, you will see it's almost impossible to keep your resources.

In order to make a upgrade on anything, it cost you more than 6 million to do anything. It's ridiculous.

Too much $ to CoC hbad to stop, you can't do shit w/out spending $$$. Now I just load it up every day once or twice collect my money, and then let it sit to save up.... not too fun anymore :/

after TH9, you will see it's almost impossible to keep your resources.

In order to make a upgrade on anything, it cost you more than 6 million to do anything. It's ridiculous.

"KEEP" ? WHy do you KEEP?

I have TH10 and have no problem saving 1-3 million as that's where I'm at on certain things, others like you siad are 6mil+ which I DID spend $ on in the past. Not anymore.

Too much $ to CoC hbad to stop, you can't do shit w/out spending $$$. Now I just load it up every day once or twice collect my money, and then let it sit to save up.... not too fun anymore :/

The great thing about CoC is you don't need to spend money at all. The gems are eventually given to you. You probably get to 4 workers without spending a dime. It's a really fun game if you don't mind the freemium concept. I for one think it's done really well in CoC. I'm pretty far in and havent had to spend anything. Looting isn't just "Collecting your money" You have to raid bases. That's the main source of loot.

Are these paid advertisements, or is it stuff you genuinely like?

The [H] Doesn't do paid articles, it's simply news of something new. There will bee (or has been) a link about a new Shield, A new Video card, a new game or an update to it. It's all the same.

I hated clash of clans. It started off kinda fun, but I quickly realized how limited the game was when I got to like level 15, and couldn't go any further because it didn't allow you to direct your clan in a battle, and how quickly my clan would die based on where I deployed them. It seemed very pointless.

Boom Beach is a whole diff story though, that I love. It plays very well, and allows alot of advancement without spending any money, and gives jewels away on a regular basis. I am already up to level 27.

I thought it was thebuzzer's cousin showing [H] a new game.

I am disappoint!

The [H] Doesn't do paid articles, it's simply news of something new. There will bee (or has been) a link about a new Shield, A new Video card, a new game or an update to it. It's all the same.

How do you know this, have they said so? Honest question, I haven't seen it. :)

I have never been into mobile gaming and have yet to pay for any in game stuff. I think I will keep it that way.

I have never been into mobile gaming and have yet to pay for any in game stuff. I think I will keep it that way.

I have to agree. I don't understand why anyone pays for anything in a mobile app, much less plays them to this extent. I might play them if I'm in court waiting for Jury Duty maybe, but I would be hard pressed to determine where my time would be merited to play one of these money sinks. If it's not pay once and it's yours period, I refuse to mess around with it. I keep trying to get my kids to understand this and remain the bad guy on their RPG apps they like to play. I don't care - I'm not giving a cent to this disgusting money practice.

Lots of people have NEVER gamed to any extent on a PC mobile gaming is their first foray into this. Largely because its the first time in their life they didn't have a shit ass GPU. While mobile gaming is nothing compared to PC gaming you have to admit that one of the ironies of mobile gaming is that everyone gets what we would call a decent GPU if they have a decent phone. For most of computing history that wasn't true computers game with utter crap integrated graphics. It was only 3-4 generations ago that desktop and laptop GPUs finally stopped being utter garbage. And they still aren't that great for FPS games which is probably part of why mobas exploded as you can play them easily with a pretty low end system.

im TH 7 and loving it so far. I spent 5$ on a worker. thats about it.

How do you know this, have they said so? Honest question, I haven't seen it. :)
Kyle and Steve have said this multiple times in the past.

The vets here will tell you the same thing. [H] front page is a news Blog and also a means for them to provide hardware reviews. They repost anything and everything tech related they find interesting. It may be a new video game, new computer hardware, or some new robot that plays on Steve's funny phobia.

They do not get money from blog posts. They get money from ads and affiliate links to Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect, etc. that are posted in the forums. Their HoverHound and PCHound are tools created by them to aid us while at the same time getting a piece of that affiliate ad revenue. That money helps provide this website free of charge to its users.

Back