Citizen Men's Nighthawk Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch $199

People still use wrist watches?! :confused:

I like watches but every watch I've ever worn stops when I put it on. I've replaced batteries, etc and all it takes is for me to put it on and it stops. Perhaps these are different but I never found one that worked. I have 4 sitting in my drawer.

I like watches but every watch I've ever worn stops when I put it on. I've replaced batteries, etc and all it takes is for me to put it on and it stops. Perhaps these are different but I never found one that worked. I have 4 sitting in my drawer.

Lolwhut? :eek:

It happens. Some people have a bio-electric field that messes with watches.

You might try an automatic watch. If that fails, a very few brands have made electromagnetically shielded models for engineers like the Rolex Milgauss edition.

It happens. Some people have a bio-electric field that messes with watches.

908.gif

101.gif

I'm assuming that's it. I sold and repaired watches for 4.5 years or so during and after college. We had certain people that couldn't wear a watch with a battery because they'd kill the circuit in a matter of months or weeks, every single time.

I'm assuming that's it. I sold and repaired watches for 4.5 years or so during and after college. We had certain people that couldn't wear a watch with a battery because they'd kill the circuit in a matter of months or weeks, every single time.

I suspect it had to do with the kind of carpet they had in their house. I went through countless SNES controllers back in the day because walking across the room would build up enough charge such that when you picked it up, SNAP, and it was dead.

People don't generate bioelectric fields. At least, certainly not sufficient to have ANY measurable impact on electronics, let alone batteries in a watch. Hence why those magnetic bracelets are snakeoil.

So the watch is only useful for the few times a day you don't want to pull your phone out, are not looking at some other clock, (there are clocks all around us all the time, car, computer, walls etc....)

I'm required to note the time all throughout my work day, and can always provide the time and date before a customer even reaches into their pocket for their smartphone. Comes in handy.

But yeah.. the gadget nerd in me appreciates both the old and the new, and the redundancy of having both. Different strokes for different folks ;)

It's your body chemistry and the composition of the watch materials. SOmething with a resin body that is gasketed and doesn't use the watch back to form part of the electrical circuit probably would work for you.

I've seen it mostly with women. My mom kills them very fast, like 3-4 batteries a year. My wife isn't that bad, gets maybe 1.5 years out of a battery that should get 3-5. THe eco-drive watches seem to survive her though.

Never seen anyone that did it immediately, but I suppose it is possible.

Because the watch does nothing more than tell time where the phone tells me everything. So the watch is only useful for the few times a day you don't want to pull your phone out, are not looking at some other clock, (there are clocks all around us all the time, car, computer, walls etc....) Also when I travel my phone automatically changes time not like the watch. Even though mine was a world time watch.

Its simple I have to carry the phone anyway. The watch it just an in the way pain for a niche advantage. BTW putting the watch on is twice a day, on in the morning off at night, unless you are OK sleeping with it. The phone goes in my pocket at the same time as my keys, knife, and wallet.

Trust me, you aren't wrong, but you also are not right. With the advent of smart phones, I've moved back to wearing a watch most of the time for a few reasons.

1) It's faster to access, and I'm not going to drop it while doing so.
2) When I'm working or playing in sandy environments, taking it out less means less opportunity for grit to cohabitate with it and scratch it up.
3) For me at least, I find that when I want to check the time on my phone, it is often from a relatively slow and awkward position.
4) I had a kid. Since having a kid, all of the above is even more common. Especiallky the first two years, you carry them a lot, and they don't care about making it easier for you to fumble your phone out with your one or less free hand. You also find yourself caring about the time even more due to schedules, timing meds, etc. I can wear a watch on the same arm I'm carrying the kid with and still check the time on it.
5) Breaking the watch is cheaper than breaking your phone unless you have a REALLY nice watch or a really crappy phone.

I got this Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive for Christmas. I put a better band on it and use is as my "special occasion" watch.

Do tell which band you got. I have the same Citizen and I hate the cheap pigskin band.

Any nice watches like these come with a compass on them? I know I'm playing to much DayZ when I ask this.. LOL

Casio Pathfinder. I have the 1300 about 5 years ago and have never had to change a battery or set it.

Sculelos?

Sure they do...because sculelos.

Crap, you're right. I forgot about the pillars that hold up the crystals. THey COULD resonate with the micro portals inside someone's bones and disrupt the battery...;)

Thanks for the tips. Forgot about this thread. That Milgauss is wee bit expensive hehe.

Back