Christian Bale Confirmed To Play Steve Jobs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Christian Bale is a great actor and, with his ability to get super skinny for roles, I think he would make a great Steve Jobs. Maybe this will help us forget that Ashton Kutcher movie.

Sorkin confirmed Bale's appointment on Thursday in an interview with Bloomberg, in which he revealed the Welsh-born, Oscar-winning actor didn't even have to audition. According to Sorkin, who wrote the screenplay for "Jobs" based on the officially endorsed autobiography by Walter Isaacson, every frame of the film will feature Bale.

Pretty sure Ashton Kutcher already did, and Noah Wyle did it best of all before them. Enough already.

Heh, I like Christian Bale a lot more than I liked Jobs. I have no desire to see any movie about Jobs.

Well, after seeing his insane rant at the lighting guy on the set of terminator, he should be quite good at portraying what an asshole Jobs was reputed to be.

Bale should do a good job of evoking the anger of Jobs, but Wyle did a great job back in the day. In fact PoSV was pretty good all around IMO.

Dangit, I thought he was going to play Steve Austin in a 6 Million Dollar Man movie!:mad:

All kidding aside, someone needs to make a 6 Million Dollar Man movie, I think it would do a lot better than another Jobs biopic.

that rant was... scary... that DP must've lost a testicle or two during that whole ordeal, ya know they'd shriveil up from shame and fear.

yea, good casting choice for sure :D

Here is a preview. Christian plays him perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA
Yea yea yea, he went off on a poor set worker. It's not like he went all drunk drivey then tried to pull the "don't you know who I ammmm????" routine like mr gibson; but I digress.
Acting can vary from lighthearted fun to wallstreet levels of stress; so I sympathize with CB. Distractions and pet peeves can sometimes be that straw that breaks the camel's back.
Like you said, it will allow him to play Jobs perfectly! (although do we really need another movie about him?)

Why do we need another Steve Jobs movie...

My thoughts exactly. I never saw PoSV, and had to look up what that was (and will see if I can find it to watch), but I don't care to see anything with Jobs in it. I don't understand the fascination with a human being who was a monumental asshole. Sure, he was very shrewd in business, but Apple's beginning was as much about Woz as it was him.

Pretty sure Ashton Kutcher already did, and Noah Wyle did it best of all before them. Enough already.

Yeah, the young doctor did a good job IIRC. haven't watched the latest with the where's my car dude but I doubt he did a better job. I really dislike Bale, though I am not sure that's the main reason I don't he fits for the role. He really doesn't.

Another Jobs movie?
Really?
He was a salesman, nothing more.
Can we just leave him rest already? No one is interested in seeing another Jobs movie, he'll I didn't even watch the last one with that cheap Charly Sheen knockoff guy.

Pirates of Silicon Valley was great. I thought Noah Wyle did a great job.

No real desire to see a Jobs-only movie.

I pretty much completely ignored Jobs while he was with us; this movie is definitely not on my to-do list...;)

I became a huge Christian Bale after the phone confession scene in American Psycho. Only took me thirteen years to get around to watching the movie

"Don't touch the watch!"

My thoughts exactly. I never saw PoSV, and had to look up what that was (and will see if I can find it to watch), but I don't care to see anything with Jobs in it. I don't understand the fascination with a human being who was a monumental asshole. Sure, he was very shrewd in business, but Apple's beginning was as much about Woz as it was him.

It's worth giving PoSV a shot then. A lot of Apple fan boys at the time didn't care for it because it pretty much portrayed Jobs as a selfish arrogant prick

Why do we need another Steve Jobs movie again?

Unless - of course - someone is willing to portray him as he really was, unlike all of this hero worship garbage.

I want a movie that portrays him as the son of a bitch he really was, nasty, egotistical, mean spirited, irrational and yes, lacking in vision.

Everything Apple ever did that was supposedly "Revolutionary" was based off of ideas they stole bought or cajoled off the real inventors, slapped a fancy industrial design and marketing campaign around and then marked up 500%.

I know you are not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but he was truly a terrible person, who created a terrible company.

Should have hired Vladimir Putin for the role. It's hard to be as big of a dickhead as Jobs was, Putin *might* have been able to pull it off, but even he would probably be challenged to be that self centered and heartless.

Should have hired Vladimir Putin for the role. It's hard to be as big of a dickhead as Jobs was, Putin *might* have been able to pull it off, but even he would probably be challenged to be that self centered and heartless.

^^ Good call! :D

Well, after seeing his insane rant at the lighting guy on the set of terminator, he should be quite good at portraying what an asshole Jobs was reputed to be.

That's why I can't like the guy. I'll watch his movies, but he just comes off as an arrogant ass. Perfect for playing Steve Jobs.

I didn't watch the Kutcher movie. Is it really that bad? I've been wanting to watch it.

Dangit, I thought he was going to play Steve Austin in a 6 Million Dollar Man movie!:mad:

All kidding aside, someone needs to make a 6 Million Dollar Man movie, I think it would do a lot better than another Jobs biopic.

A movie on the $6 million dollar man. Is that going to be a movie about a guy getting a hip replacement cause that's all he's gonna get with $6 million dollars in today's standards.

So in other words no solid movie actor has played Jobs, just a couple of lame TV actors.

I'm not really that much of a Christian Bale guy anyway (Kutcher even less) and I didn't pay any attention to Jobs before he was deader than Elvis (also not an Apple fan). Didn't care for the Kutcher/Jobs movie. It didn't even hold my interest enough to finish watching it. Don't see anything in this one that would get me interested either.

I didn't watch the Kutcher movie. Is it really that bad? I've been wanting to watch it.

It's cinematically well made, and Kutcher actually looks, moves and behaves like Jobs in many scenes, so it's not a poor portrayal.

In a way, it was a more fair portrayal than I expected in that they didn't COMPLETELY disregard the negative aspects of Jobs, but they did kind of brush over them quickly, and focus mostly on the hero worship aspects.

It also kind of ended, right when things were getting interesting to me.

dont buy apple stuff dont see movies with him either.
all a win saved money

Zarathustra[H];1041182476 said:
I know you are not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but he was truly a terrible person, who created a terrible company.

Not that I disagree, but unless you mean morally "terrible", you can't really deny Apple's success in the marketplace overall.

Zarathustra[H];1041182723 said:
I don't measure my good/bad based on financial success. :p

Woz was doing a good job way back when. He did it for the fun and the better of humanity. Jobs was the greedy, maniacal, looney, cancerous one.

I always found it odd that the anti-"the man" people were always going for Apple. They like to go for the underdog, and say they hate corporations, but they never really got that Apple was just as dirty and profit hungry just as any other corporation is....

Back