Cheap $25 headset

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
What is a good headset I can get for $25? New, used, refurb, I don't care. I'm cheap and won't go any higher. At the top of my list is mic quality. Then comes sound. I've been looking and found the Plantronics GameCom 367 Closed-Ear Gaming Headset. Is that any good? What else do you guys reccomend?

I'd recommend the open Plantronics, unless you really need closed. Cheap closed headsets tend to have a 'submerged' feeling to them.

Do not get the Zalman mic if mic quality is your priority. A directional boom mic will be far better in this regard, due most in part to improved noise cancelation.

While I haven't tried the GamesCom in particular, I have gone through a few of their cheap old models as well. The sound quality is respectable...my $20 Plantronics are easily better than the $100 Steelseries Syberia V2 I just bought. The mic quality, while not as good as my Sennheiser PC350, is quite good. I have used it for many podcasts without any issues.

Well, I already have a pair of Panasonic Rp-htx7s. Should I just get the zalman clip-on mic?

Back