CBS Acquires All of TV Guide Digital

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
CBS has announced the network has completed the takeover of TV Guide Digital by purchasing the remaining 50% share of the holdings from Lionsgate. CBS has stated that the company feels the potential of TV Guide Digital has not been fully explored and will continue to expand its comprehensive information and programming capabilities.

The media giant now has full control of both TVGuide.com and the TV Guide Mobile apps, both of which are folding into CBS Interactive's Technology, Games and Lifestyle division.

Isn't TV Guide pretty useless these days? Just about every cable/sat/fiber box comes with a built in guide. Not many I know read the TV Guide for the articles either..

Isn't TV Guide pretty useless these days? Just about every cable/sat/fiber box comes with a built in guide. Not many I know read the TV Guide for the articles either..

Most standard service cable, even digital DTAs aren't two way so no interactive guide. A good many people still subscribe to this level of service.

Many providers are requiring the use of a box these days and pretty much all of them come with guides and there is still the TV Guide channel if I'm not mistaken which shows the listing of shows.

I can see your point though , just an observation. I don't think I've seen anyone with a TV Guide in their home in about two decades.

Pay attention next time you see that little guide on your set top box....you might notice it's powered by none other than TV Guide. ;)

Pay attention next time you see that little guide on your set top box....you might notice it's powered by none other than TV Guide. ;)

Doesn't that kind of prove my point? :p TV Guide in paper form must be migrating away to a degree since people really don't buy magazines anymore (minus those who don't have guide information of course).

I'm sure you could use your PC and or smartphone to look up guide information for free too.

Doesn't that kind of prove my point? :p TV Guide in paper form must be migrating away to a degree since people really don't buy magazines anymore (minus those who don't have guide information of course).

I'm sure you could use your PC and or smartphone to look up guide information for free too.

Titantv.com is one source. Used it a lot with my first HTPC and Showshifter. Now it's all Tivo's guide.

Titantv.com is one source. Used it a lot with my first HTPC and Showshifter. Now it's all Tivo's guide.

Yea there ya go. The one big reason to keep buying a TV guide and the net has an alternative. But hey I guess when you are on the shitter anything near by is worth reading :cool:

Back