Catastrophic Eyefinity problem when installing new driver

Zorn

Limp Gawd
I have been running the 11.8 drivers for some time with no problems. I am running a 3x 1920x1080 setup. I went to try the new 11.10 drivers, and upon install Eyefinity refused to run completely. When I try to turn it on, all the screens shift into 640x480 mode, because it's claiming that one of the screens is reporting its max resolution at 640x480. This is impossible. I have no idea what has gone wrong, all I did was try to update the driver. I've uninstalled it, tried installing 11.9, the same problem persists. Anyone have any clue how to force it to recognize the correct resolution of my monitors? I'm at a loss.

I've tried reverting to a restore point from a day ago. Nothing. Still forces my right-most monitor into 640x480 mode

I was playing BF3 with 11.9, no problem, but was not getting more then 35-45ish FPS with 5760x1080, so I upgraded to 11.10. I had a different problem, but man did it swamp my computer. I couldn't get any resolution to recognize, the uninstaller wouldn't remove drivers. It was a catastrophe. I spent about an hour and a half cleaning out the 11.10 drivers manually, lots of messing with device manager and driver sweeper, a half a dozen re-installs from 11.9 packages and CAPs. Lots of work just to get it back to where I was.

When 11.10 is final, I'll try it out again, but man did I have a ton of problems when I went to 11.10. Sorry to hear you had trouble too. I guess your best bet is uninstalling, driver sweeping, manually cleaning out, then rebooting a few times and re-cleaning to make sure everything is gone, and finally reinstall.

I've been really pissed that I can't have bezel compensation since I have 3 different monitors. I wish that would change in newer driver releases, or at least a third party software fix.

Back