Cases with single audio jack? But headphones have 2 jacks?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
I was looking at some cases and I noticed that a few of them have the single audio jack where it is combined. How does this work? Most headphones have two jacks one for audio and one for microphone. So if I get one of these cases and I have a headphone with two jacks how does it work? Thanks in advance.

Most headphones have two jacks one for audio and one for microphone.
Gaming headsets with two connectors for each usually come with an adapter to combine them into a single "combo jack".

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-Adapter-Headset-Extension/dp/B078PZ1BGN

1713446323676.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks guys so I understand this is non-issue all I need is an adapter perfect thanks again.

Thanks guys so I understand this is non-issue all I need is an adapter perfect thanks again.
TRS is "tip - ring - sleeve", which is the normal stereo headphone standard. TRRS adds another ring to connect to, and can be to carry a composite video signal back in the day, and much more commonly is for microphone connection. Your laptop will have contacts for TRRS, but Apple and The Rest Of The World seem to disagree on whether the 2nd ring should be ground or should carry the microphone signal.

Good luck!

Back