Can't control my Antec tri-cool 120mm case fans with Scythe KM01-BK "KAZE MASTER"

bizzmeister

2[H]4U
I have the HAF 932 full tower and as you can see, I replaced the side door 230mm fan with 3 antec tri-cool 120mm case fans. Is the reason why im not able to control the fan speed on these fans because of the 3 speed built in switchs they have from factory ? It is all wired up correctly because my top factory haf 932 vent fan is controlable and working perfectly fine but only a 700rpm fan. Its choking up my system for sure, going to replace that today with another 2 120mm fans.

1-16.jpg

With that being said, what is the best fan on the market right now that pushes the most CFM. I'll be turning it up for gaming only and turning it down for regular use so noise shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks for the input.

yeah its because of the switch.. my guess is if you set the case fans on the switch to high then the controller should be able to control the speed of the fans.. just mess around with it and see what happens..

Is the reason why im not able to control the fan speed on these fans because of the 3 speed built in switchs they have from factory ?

You should still be able to control those fans' speeds even with their built in switch since you're plugging their power cables into the Kaze Master. Sirmonkey had the rigth idea of setting the stock switch to high, and regulating the speed down from there.

yeah its because of the switch.. my guess is if you set the case fans on the switch to high then the controller should be able to control the speed of the fans.. just mess around with it and see what happens..

You should still be able to control those fans' speeds even with their built in switch since you're plugging their power cables into the Kaze Master. Sirmonkey had the rigth idea of setting the stock switch to high, and regulating the speed down from there.

Yup, I already tried that a couple times. Im positive these fans can not be controlled as they have the built in speed control. I had them set to high and tried to mess with them, no go at all.

Other fans without switchs, no problem.

Yup, I already tried that a couple times. Im positive these fans can not be controlled as they have the built in speed control. I had them set to high and tried to mess with them, no go at all.

Other fans without switchs, no problem.

That's very odd. I can control my Silverstone FN-181 and AP181 fans with my controller even though they have built in switches. Can we get a picture of the wiring?

I'm controlling all of my Tri-Cools with a Scythe Kaze Master Pro fan controller right now. Have all of them set to high and control from there.

That's very odd. I can control my Silverstone FN-181 and AP181 fans with my controller even though they have built in switches. Can we get a picture of the wiring?

I will try to get one tomorrow, its 1:08am, just got home and im leaving again. Dont feel like opening up the case right now :p

I'm controlling all of my Tri-Cools with a Scythe Kaze Master Pro fan controller right now. Have all of them set to high and control from there.

That fan controller is the one right above mine but I dont know if that makes a difference or not. Doubt it. But I have mine all set to high too, cant control the rpm. But my 2 top vent enermax fans, I can control them perfectly fine. It is installed correctly. :confused:

Back