Can the FSP Group AX450-PN support an 8800GTS?

it ain't 36a, you don't add rails. It's combined total = 346w = 26a.

Actually it is ~26A combined 12v.

Will it.......most likely just going to depend on temps, other parts, overclocking, etc.

eVGA reports that the minimum recommendations for the 8800GTS is "Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps."

So if I can keep the PC and PSU relatively cool, no overclocking, and don't add too many drives, then that Fortron will support the 8800GTS?

eVGA reports that the minimum recommendations for the 8800GTS is "Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps."

So if I can keep the PC and PSU relatively cool, no overclocking, and don't add too many drives, then that Fortron will support the 8800GTS?

Yes, it could support it, but keep in mind that power supplies, like human beings, grow old, and lose power along the way.

You might be able to get started with it, but in the long run...

Yes, it could support it, but keep in mind that power supplies, like human beings, grow old, and lose power along the way.

You might be able to get started with it, but in the long run...

I bought that power supply about 8 months ago. But I see what you're saying. That Fortron is just a stopgap for now.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Back