Can a Huey Pro fix my monitors problems?

Mopower

Gawd
I recently bought an ASUS VE276Q. For the life of me I can't get it to look like my old BenQ 2400HD. For one it came out of the box brighter than the sun. After playing with the settings for an hour the I can get it better but it still kind of looks washed out. The funny thing is all the colors are bright and accurate to my eyes but the image is still washed out to me. Maybe it's caused by going from a 24 inch 1080p to a 27 inch 1080p. Can a calibration tool like a Huey Pro fix this? Or would it be a good place to start so it calibrates the monitor to where it should be and then I can adjust to my liking?

It's difficult to say without seeing the monitors themselves.

That said, they both use CCFL back lighting and are both TN panels. As far as brightness goes - it's natural for a CCFL to dim or even yellow over time - so the newer monitor might always look a bit brighter or more white than the older one. Color wise, you should be able to get them to match relatively close - but again, it's one of those things that will be impossible for anyone to say without seeing the monitors first hand.

Back