Calling Lenovo owners (and anyone else :) )

shoota

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an annoying issue where the Windows 7 sound icon doesn't show the red circle with a line through it when I mute my T400. The mute works but I can't tell what the current state is. Anyone heard of this or know what to do?

I've had that happen, but not on a lenovo. I have no clue what caused it, but it eventually fixed itself, but again I don't know how.

Did you mute it or did you just turn it down to 0? Simply turning it down to 0 doesn't make the red circle show up.

Yes.
However, clicking on the icon with the cursor activates the red circle.

so doing it with software (IE right clicking the icon and clicking mute works), however, the physical button doesnt?

Sounds like a driver issue in that case, see if Lenovo has drivers for their shortcut keys, or whatever you want to call em.

Driver was my first thought too but the other buttons work and heck the mute button works too but it's just that the red circle doesn't show up. Doesn't that sound like a Windows issue?

Driver was my first thought too but the other buttons work and heck the mute button works too but it's just that the red circle doesn't show up. Doesn't that sound like a Windows issue?

It can be windows issue as well as driver for graphics. You might want to re-install your video drivers.

Well I finally figured it out. Turns out it was as simple as installing the "Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)" which is listed on the drivers page (under 'Software') for my T400.

Back